We are a group of chemists working at the intersections of organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry and microbiology. Specifically we are interested in understanding the roles of lipids and unusual lipid modifications in bacterial growth and in response to antibiotics. Toward this goal, we design and synthesize molecular probes that recognize lipids of interest with high affinity and specificity. Lipid binders as such serve as powerful tools for research and may give rise to novel antibiotics.
Highlights of Recent Publications
- 08/2018, Sam's review article on boronic acid-mediated bioorthogonal conjugations has been accepted into Acc. Chem. Res. Congrats Sam!
- 04/2018, our group's first paper on phage display of covalent warheads are published in J. Am. Chem. Soc. We are excited about the future perspectives of this novel design of peptide libraries.
- 04/2018, Sunny wins a Kozarich Fellowship to support his summer research; Sam has been awarded a Dissertation Fellowship; Kelly wins the Donald J. White Teaching Excellence Award. Nicely done, guys!!!
- 12/2017, Kaicheng and Chelsea's paper is ASAP at Organic Letters. Congratulations to both of them!
- 10/2017, Sam's paper on fluorogenic diazaborine conjugation is now published in Chemical Communications. Congrats, Sam!
- 07/2017, Azade's paper that probes protein plasticity with halogenated amino acids is now published in Protein Science.
- 06/2017, Kaicheng's paper on an improved version of the iminoboronate-mediated cyclization is now published on SynLett. Good job, Kaicheng!
- 01/2017, Azade and Wenjian's Paper on Prolinomycin-based peptide design has been accepted into ChemBioChem, Congratulations!
- 12/2016, Our paper on the diazaborine conjugation chemistry is published in J. Am. Chem. Soc. Congrats, Anupam and Sam!
- 09/2016, Azade Hosseini successfully defended her thesis. Congratulations, Dr. Hosseini!
- 08/2016, our review article on reversible covalent chemistry is to publish in Curr. Opion. Chem. Biol.
- 04/2016, our paper for N-terminal cysteine labeling is published in Chem. Sci. Good Job, Anupam and Sam!
- 02/2016, Anupam won 1st Prize of the Young Investigator Competition at the Peptide Gordon Conference. Congrats, Anupam!
- 01/2016, Chelsea and Wenjian join the group. Welcome!