Staff email is hosted by Microsoft with Office365
Our email is in "the cloud"?
Our official email is hosted by Exchange Online (part of Microsoft Office 365). This will provides a higher level of availability, increased security and greater storage for our staff. Using Exchange Online keeps the email service version current and up to date with today's new tools and provide new software solutions in the future. Each staff mailbox will be granted generous storage for email which has been a previously limited resource when we hosted our email on-premise.
3 ways to check my email
- Outlook 2016+ client program on your laptop or desktop. Outlook client is installed on all district computers and can be installed on personal computers.
- Outlook Web Access (OWA) or Webmail login is here: https://outlook.office365.com/
- Mobile phone users can setup a connection to mail, contacts, and calendar. The official Microsoft Outlook for Mobile app is preferred. See instructions below.
How do I connect from my computer at home?
- Using any modern web-browser (like Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer) go to: https://outlook.office365.com/
- Login using your full email username < firstname.lastname@example.org > and computer password.
- Login to Exchange Online (Part of Office 365) instructions.
- Helpful resources for the new web mail can be found at Edina Webmail setup.
- To sign out click the "Sign Out" button in the top right.
How do I connect my Mobile Device?
- Personal Mobile devices are not supported by DMTS. DMTS provides instructions, but not help with problems connecting with personal mobile devices.
The server address for mobile devices is outlook.office365.com and uses SSL
- There are several ways to connect to your Email on a mobile device. These are a few options.
- The official Microsoft Outlook for Mobile app is preferred.
- Current iOS devices (iPads and iPhones) can use the built in Apple Mail and Calendar apps.
- Some Android devices can use the built in Mail and Calendar apps, but not all are supported.
Will the username and password I use to log into computers change?
No, you can use your username or email address to login to the computer.
I can't seem to log into webmail, what do I do?
Please call the Help Desk at 952 848-4915
Even though Microsoft offers password reset service on their website, it is not connected to our network and you still need to call or email the Help Desk to reset your password. You can also reset your Outlook password using our Portal at https://portal.edinaschools.org
Can I install Microsoft Office on my personal computer?
Yes. Staff and Students are licensed to install Microsoft Office from their online account as long as they are actively employed or enrolled in Edina Public Schools. Instructions can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LSU7Dl-r3ivmNxq-pvg8CIZ0YLHuMmuQ8PWNwXxVhaU/pub#h.5f5x9mgxbj8c
What if my mobile device or phone stops receiving email?
If your personal phone stops getting email, then check your mail on Outlook Web Access https://outlook.office365.com/ and confirm that your mail is still working. Then, you need to remove the mail profile form your device and add it back.
What is Webmail?
Webmail is the method of checking your email from any Web Browser. This is fast and easy on a Chromebook or computer other than your main computer. It is faster to check Webmail than to open the Outlook program on computers that you don't use often. https://outlook.office365.com/ The staff page on our main website will always be current.
Webmail looks different, are there options for training?
Yes Microsoft periodically changes the function and view of Outlook Webmail.
Here are some excellent training materials.
- Webmail http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/work-with-email-HA104103989.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA104141179
- Calendaring http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/work-with-your-calendar-HA104113553.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA104141179
- Setting up a meeting: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/meet-and-collaborate-HA104113558.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA104141179
- Working with contacts: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/manage-contacts-HA104113555.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA104141179
What are my size limits for my upgraded email account?
Inbox size limit
Message size limit
File attachment size limit
50 GB (Gigabytes)
25 MB (Megabytes)
25 MB (Megabytes)
Can staff use Gmail in Google Apps instead of Outlook?
No. Students use Gmail as a part of Google Apps for their official email and staff use Email through Office 365. Staff have different archive requirements than students and staff have different functionality with Office365. Gmail for staff will not work as expected because replies will go to Exchange Office365 instead of back to Gmail.