Gifted and Talented Education
Albert Lea Area Schools
To ensure individual academic, social and emotional growth that leads to engaged citizens and lifelong learners.
Gifted and Talented Services
Albert Lea Area Schools has aligned instruction to a model of four critical questions:
- What is it we expect our students to learn?
- How will we know when they have learned it?
- How will we respond when some students do not learn?
- How will we respond when some students already know it?
The Gifted and Talented program is focused on the fourth question. Our goal is to support teachers in meeting the needs of students who have already achieved the established learning goals.
Please see the "Mission" page for more information on our program.
Information and Highlights:
- Google Classroom: Students can access additional enrichment activities for both reading and math. Once a student has joined Google Classroom, s/he may access these activities at any time.
- Social/Emotional Needs: Gifted children have unique social and emotional needs. For information and resources, please contact our GT Coordinator, Gayle Brownlow.
- Enrichment opportunities: Click on the red "opportunities" button above to learn about enrichment opportunities available to all students.
Safe, healthy and welcoming schools. Increased opportunity and achievement. Effective and efficient operations.