Things To Do Near Perth Stadium
Things To Do Near Optus Stadium Perth
If you're staying at a hotel near Perth stadium and searching for things to do near Perth stadium then see our list of "things to do near Perth stadium:
Cycling Near Perth Stadium
The advantage of cycling to Optus Perth stadium is that you can use your bicycle to explore up stream or down stream Swan River from Perth Stadium.
- Cycle along the Swan River. From the Perth Stadium your cycling, recommended route options:
- Start at Burswood Park's free parking near Perth Stadium. Over the Matagarup Bridge East Perth, head south west past Trinity College, over the Causway bridge and back to Burswood Park. See video of family riverside cycling ride along the Swan River, past Optus Perth Stadium.
- Park near the Swan River between St John of Gods hospital and the Garret Road Bridge. Cycle over the Garret Road Bridge, then along the river past Ascot race course then on to Burswood Park. When you get to the river turn right along the dual pedestrian cycle path past the Crown Hotels. Just past the stadium turn left over Matagarup Bridge to East Perth. See this 360 VR cycling video going in the opposite direction (anti-clockwise), around the Swan River.
Restaurants Near Perth Stadium
Dining near Optus Perth Stadium
- The Camfield and City View Cafe at Perth Stadium.
- Restaurants at Claisbrook Cove and East Perth, just over the Swan River from Perth Stadium.
- Fine dining, high quality restaurants at the Crown Hotel
- The many affordable ethnic restaurants at Victoria Park, starting south along Albany Highway, 2.5 km from Perth Stadium.
- The many affordable ethnic restaurants at Northbridge, 3 km east of Perth Stadium.
Power walking or a leisurely stroll along the the Swan River is worth the views over the river, through parks and gardens to Perth city. A walk to restaurants near Perth Stadium is less complicated and more enjoyable than going by car and finding parking.
Night walks are a good way to keep warm.
Sport Near Perth Stadium
If you're into sport rather than watching sport at Perth's Optus Stadium then there's a lot of sporting things to do near Perth Stadium. This includes indoor sky diving 2.5km east of Perth stadium or playing golf at the Maylands Peninsula Public Golf Course, 1 km north east of Perth Stadium.
Water Sports Near Perth Stadium:
- Fishing in the Swan River.
- Sailing Perth's Swan River. Hire a small cat on the beach at South Perth. Exhilarating fast fun in the afternoon sea breeze.
- Swim in the Swan River.
- Whole boat charter in Perth on the Swan River, for groups of friends, maybe to get from Fremantle to the stadium to watch an event or business staff motivation/team building. Embark/disembark at the stadium dock.
- Jet-skiing or Water-skiing on the Swan River near the Narrows Bridge, 4.5km south west of Perth Stadium.
- Kayaking on the Swan River.
Spectator Sport Near Perth Stadium
- Watch a game of Australian Rules Football (AFL) not near but in Perth Stadium. You can also watch a football match at the football field just north and next to Perth Stadium. Until the AFL grand final is held at Perth Stadium, the most popular football to watch will be derby football games between Perth's two local teams, the West Coast Eagles and the Fremantle Dockers.
- Watch a game of cricket at the WACA in East Perth, over the river from Perth Stadium.
- Watch speed boat racing at the Western Australian Speed Boat Club on the river bank, just in front of Crown Towers Hotel.
- Watch horse racing half a kilometer north of Perth Stadium.
- Watch the trots at Gloucter Park half a kilometre south west over the Swan River from Perth Stadium.
- Watch pods of dolphins in the Swan River.
Things to Do At Night Near Perth Stadium
Go night clubbing at the many nightclubs near Optus Stadium Perth. You'll find many night clubs in the bigger hotels near Perth Stadium.
- There are plenty of Perth nightclubs in North Bridge.
- Closer, there are night clubs in East Perth along Adelaide Terrace.
- Dance to Darren Reid and the Soul City Groove at the Empire Bar, 1.5 km south east of Perth Stadium.
More Things to Do Near Perth Stadium
- Our kids had fun sliding down grassy slopes at Claisbrook Cove Park on sheets of cardboard.
- Enjoy a BBQ at Burswood Park.
- Let the kids play in the Sensory Playground at Optus Stadium.
- Take a tour of Optus Perth Stadium.
- Catch a boat from the river side dock at Perth Stadium to Elizabeth Quay and from there a ferry to South Perth or walk into the heart of the Perth CBD.
- Gambling at Crown casino.
If you or your business has things to do near Optus Perth Stadium, contact us for your thing to do to be added to this list of things to do near Perth Stadium.