Hotels Near Perth Stadium
WHY BOOK ACCOMMODATION CLOSE TO THE NEW PERTH STADIUM?
Searching for cheap hotels near Perth Stadium or 5 star luxury resort style hotels near Perth station? Look no further because whatever type or price of accommodation close the new Perth stadium, we've got lot's of online booking options for travellers and sports fans, especially guests from out of Perth. The advantage of booking a hotel within walking distance of the Perth stadium, is that you you'll save, traffic and parking stress while getting fit, admiring views of the Swan River. Public transport options to Perth Stadium are covered below.
GETTING TO THE PERTH STADIUM FROM NEARBY HOTELS
- By train via the new Perth Stadium train station, the second biggest station in Perth. It is expected 80% of spectators to events at Perth Stadium will be by train. Car parks at Perth train stations is free on weekends. Park and ride should be a popular way of getting to Perth Stadium.
- Busses will transport Perth Stadium spectators to destinations in Perth not covered by the Transperth train network. Extra busses will be in service until construction off the pedestrian bridge to East Perth is complete.
- From, Victoria Park, Belmont and Burswood. Walk / cycle path along the Swan River if approaching from the southwest or Victoria Park which is south of the Perth Stadium. If approaching Perth Stadium from the many cheap hotels in Belmont, walk west along the Great Eastern Highway, then turn right along Victoria Park Drive after walking under and past (500m) the rail bridge. The Windan Bridge from East Perth should be a pedestrian option if you're not drunk. It's a big drop.
- By bicycle routes to Perth Stadium are the same as that for pedistrians mentioned above though I guess the Windan Bridge would be closed for cyclists on event days.
- By boat. A jetty at the stadium is planned for a ferry service between Perth and the Perth Stadium. Freo Docker supporter could combine a football match in Perth with a pleasant Perth whole boat charter cruise back to Fremantle down the Swan River.
- From East Perth over the new Swan River crossing pedestrian bridge in 2021 when the delayed Matagarup bridge construction is finished. If you don't have a hotel near East Perth, then catch a bus in Perth's CBD, at St Georges marked "WACA". Buses in the Perth CBD are free. Unfortunately because of engineering stuff ups, the foot bridge won't be operational till late 2018. Because of the transport pressures, this delay means no Friday night games at the Perth stadium till the bridge is operational. An alternate, longer pedestrian route joining East Perth with the new Perth Stadium is under the Goongoongup railway bridge over the Swan River.