How BIG can we
Climbing Mt. Everest... Winning an Olympic Gold Medal... how about...
Building your own ROCKET to visit MARS?
IF YOU THINK THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE,
MEET TINA & TOM
Their past accomplishments include:
* Climbing Mount Everest
* Trekking to the North and South Poles
* Crossing the Atlantic in a 30-Year-Old Sailboat
HOLDERS OF THREE
Guinness World Records
Keynote Speech at IBM's Yearly Summit
Keynote Speech by Tom and Tina at IBM's Yearly Summit. 500 IBM Employees, Top management and 5 Nobel Prize Winners
THEY ARE BUILDING THEIR OWN ROCKET TO VISIT MARS!
A DIY MARS ROCKET PROJECT
IMAGE BY NASA: This image gives a sense of the complexity of a journey to Mars
WHY VISIT MARS?
"I have wanted to go to space since I could barely walk. Once I found out that we have the tech to make it possible, there was no turning back. I could not live with myself if I didn't go for it. It's such a big, magnificent goal and it has changed my life already." - TINA SJOGREN
"Following our earthly expeditions, it was the next logical step. First it felt like an unattainable vision, but after extensive research, we found that by applying an ultralight approach, we had a small chance. Now, with our first rocket engine ready to fire, it has become more than a dream." - TOM SJOGREN
MODELING AND 3D PRINTING THE ROCKET ENGINE
Building a rocket engine requires engineering, math, physics, and chemistry. Once the numbers were ready, Tina learned Autodesk Fusion 360 in 3DTraining Institute's 4-month online program and modeled the engine for 3D printing.
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE SPONSORS
"I chose to learn Fusion 360 with 3D Training Institute since it was the most well-structured 3D program with extensive support that I could find. The training was very methodological and easy to follow. The level of the various projects was perfect. The structure helps students finish tasks and climb higher."
• Detailed research of Sputnik, Vostok, Mercury and Gemini missions
• Launches of solid fuel high-power rockets, with top altitudes of 1500 m
• Reconstruction of Apollo Moon Lander engine injection system
• Developed and tested sensors and electronics for control systems
• Built software for control systems and propulsion analytics
• Designed and manufactured rocket engine for cold flow tests
• Designed variable thrust rocket engine for hot tests
• Rocket engine feed system and tanks for hypergolic bi-propellant
• Synthesized rocket fuel test batches for Mars ascender
• Static firing of rocket engine at the Mojave Desert test range
• Construction of Mars lander/ascender with cluster of engines and stabilizing software/hardware
• Test flights of Mars lander/ascender
• Full size prototype of space ship with life support
IN THE PRESS
California Sunday, LA
The Times London
2013 International Space Development Conference in San Diego (featured speakers)
Tech and Adventure Media: Techcrunch
New York Times
New York Times
Guinness World Records 1
Guinness World Records 2
Guinness World Records 3
The Long Rider's Guild
Get On Your Quest
"What we fear most is that we will be denied the opportunity to fulfill our true potential. While most people sit in quiet desperation, waiting for that opportunity to arise, you two have made your own opportunities. It's audacious. Some might say it's ridiculous because it's, quite literally, a moonshot. But following dreams is a manifestation of hope. In an era of mounting despair, I believe the world would be a better place if more people took your lead. In all honesty, I think our very survival depends on it!"
PRODUCER, WOW Documentary Productions, LOS ANGELES
"The purpose of my life is to go to Mars. It has guided every major decision in my life. I've seen a lot of people talk; few ever get started and get their hands dirty. The latter is what I saw in you; it was a no-brainer to be working with you on realizing a shared dream."
CEO, NoPo Nanotechnologies
"Tom and Tina are by far the most ambitious couple I have ever met! I hope your audacious dream will inspire us all to set higher goals and make the most with the time we have on this planet. We at 3DTraining are here to do what we can to help make your mission possible."
DIRECTOR, 3DTraining Inc.