Information regarding placement and auditions for
2018-2019 can be found HERE.
Auditions are not required for Dance I or for returning students seeking placement in Dance II or III. New students, with recent dance experience, who are seeking placement in Dance II or III should participate in auditions or arrange a private audition. Students should be prepared to share information about their training including years of experience, teachers, hours studied per week, and dance disciplines. All students seeking placement in Dance IV (9th - 12th grades or Dance Ensemble (10th-12th grades only) must participate in our formal audition process held in April for the following school year. The audition consists of several combinations center and across the floor in front of 3-5 professional judges for scoring. Applications and audition information is below. Placement after auditions have taken place is only available in Dance I, II, or III if class size allows additional enrollment.
Interested new students should check with their guidance counselor in your home building.
Questions? Email Mrs. Clyde at email@example.com.
WE WELCOME SCHOOL OF CHOICE STUDENTS TO ZEELAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS!
Thank you for your interest.
Auditions for the 2018-2019 school year are complete. We will audition for our 2019-2020 school year in March or April of 2019.
Who should audition?
- People who are new to Zeeland Dance and seek placement higher than Dance I
- People who want to be considered for Dance IV or Ensemble
- People who want to skip levels (i.e. go from Dance I to Dance III)
- People who want to experience a professional style audition because of future goals
- Current Dance IV and Ensemble members who must meet a minimum score to keep membership
Who should NOT audition?
- People who are in Dance I and want to move to Dance II
- People who are in Dance II who want to move to Dance III
- People with NO dance experience (sign up for Dance I)
- People who do not intend to accept placement in the dance level they are assigned