A Neighborhood Economic Innovation Hub
Who We Are?
SouthSITE is a Network of Local Equity Partners pooling Neighborhood Capital for a Common Goal: Decrease Neighborhood Violence on Chicago's Southside
- S.I.T.E. = Social Impact Together Eco-systems
- Local Equity Partners (LEPs) = Leaders Leveraging Private Markets for Local Social Change
- Neighborhood Capital = Financial, Intellectual & Social Resources Invested via Locally
- Neighborhood Violence = Inter-community, Domestic, Economic, Health
Founding Equity Partners:
Resources for Avalon Park; Programming/Real Estate Hub Partner
→ ZaMLabs, Inc
Tech Incubator & Media Lab focused on Economic Justice for Marginalized Communities.
→ Project Forward
Real Estate & Business Launch Resources for Small Businesses
Other SouthSITE Stakeholders
- Advisory Board
- Eco-system Equity Partners
TheWoodlawn1200, located at 1200 E. 79th Street, 60619, is SouthSITE’s Localized Physical Resource Hub & Non-profit/501c3 project umbrella.
What We Do?
Incubator Collective (Intellectual & Social Capital)
- Virtual & On-site Business Incubation
- Real Estate
Incubees get access to Physical Resources (office space, media lab, commercial kitchen, pop-up consulting, etc) + Business Education/Support in exchange for equity in their ventures and/or value exchange
- Online Education Library
- Free & Paid Digital Content
- Special Events (Networking & EDU)
Southside Social Impact Bond Fund (Financial Capital)
- $20Million SIB For Decreasing Violence on The Southside of Chicago
SouthSITE is 10 year capital investment experiment (2020 - 2030) focused on the Southside of Chicago specifically.
If successful, the model can be rolled out in other places: WestSITE, DetroitSITE, FlintSITE, etc.