(From HS Band Handbook)
40% Rehearsals: Students who are on-time and rehearse appropriately will receive a total of 10 points for a normal school week’s worth of rehearsals. If a student is not on-time or does not rehearse appropriately at a given rehearsal their points for the week will be reduced according to the following scale. (Per incident):
- o Inappropriate/disruptive behavior: 2 – 10 Points
- o Unexcused Rehearsal Tardy: 2 Points
- o Unexcused Rehearsal Absence (Morning): 6 Points
- o Unexcused Rehearsal Absence (Afternoon/Evening): 8 Points
**If a student runs out of points for the week, their point deductions will carry over to the next week.
40% Performances / Special Rehearsals: Students who are on-time and behave appropriately for all of our performances and special rehearsals will receive a total of 100 points for the season. If a student is not on-time or does not rehearse appropriately their points for the season will be reduced according to the following scale. (Per incident):
- o Unexcused Absence (Competitive Event): 100 Points
- o Unexcused Absence (Non-Competitive Event): 30 Points
- o Unexcused Tardy 5 Points
- o Inappropriate/disruptive behavior: 2-30 Points
20% Individual Performance: Students may be tested weekly on musical, visual, or other aspects of their performance within the band program. The average of these tests will comprise this part of the student’s grade.
performances, playing in the stands at football games, parades, etc.
- o Performance Event: All events leading up to a performance, including any rehearsals on a performance day.
- o Competitive: Public performance in competition against bands from other schools.
- o Non-competitive: Public performance not in competition. This includes football halftime
- o On Time: Ready to begin at the correct time and place with the correct equipment/clothing. Being on time may require you to arrive at an event 5-15 minutes prior to our start time.
- o Tardy: Ready to begin between 1 second and 10 minutes after assigned start time.
- o Absence: Not present, OR more than 10 minutes late.
- o Inappropriate/Disruptive Behavior: Any behavior that violates our general rules of conduct.
- o Regular Rehearsal: Rehearsal within our normal weekly schedule of mornings and evenings.
- o Special Rehearsal: Rehearsal outside of our normal weekly schedule (usually Saturday)