Family Resource Centres are prevention models of service delivery. They offer a comprehensive range of programs aimed at enhancing child and family well-being by reducing family isolation, supporting healthy child development and providing information to support positive parenting. They act as visible, inclusive and welcoming access points for ALL families in the community.
- Open to all families, recognising that ALL families deserve support.
- Work in partnership with families and the community to meet their expressed needs.
- Work to increase opportunities and strengthen individuals, families, and the community.
- Promote relationships based on equality and respect for diversity.
- Affirm parenting to be a life-long learning process.
- Compliment existing services and build networks and linkages, and advocate for policies, services and systems that support families abilities to raise healthy children.