The Online Student News Source of
Coastal Ridge Elementary School
Local and School News
with Maddie and Maya
Gr. 4, Mrs. Marquis and Mrs. Pepin
Autism Awareness: Informational Video
submitted by Mrs. Buckless, coach to the CRES Kids Cabinet
What are CRES Chats !?
Did you know CRES chats are about what 4th graders believe in? It was a chance for us to share our opinions on solving world problems. We answered big questions and shared information. We also gave people suggestions to help resolve the problem so we can make the world a better place. Did you know that the CRES chats took more than a month to do, and that CRES chats were inspired by TED talks? Well they were! There were four classes who participated Mrs. Pepin, Mrs. Peterson, Mrs. Kepka, and Mr. Carter’s Classes.
Enjoy CRES Chats!
CRES Chat: Bullying
by Jadyn, Gr. 4, Mr. Carter
CRES Chat: Kids Should Have a Longer Weekend
by James, Grade 4, Mrs. Pepin
CRES Chat: Eat More Vegetables
by Maya, Gr. 4, Mrs. Pepin
CRES Chat: Homelessness
by Ella, Gr. 4, Mr. Carter
with Zeke and Brody
Gr. 3, Mrs. LeBlanc
Colin and Noah Interview Mrs. Foster
Interview with Mrs Spencer
by Jack and Lachlan, Gr. 3, Mrs. Foster
(read with Boden & Ian)
On February 16th Ryan T. Higgins came to CRES to share his books with us.
We got to share our comic book with him!
We also got to have a picture taken with him!
He complimented us on our work and also asked us some questions.
We got his autograph, too!
We had a great time with Ryan, author to author!
(copies of "Pizza Dude vs. the Evil Eggplant" are available in the library or directly from Boden and Ian.)
Interview with Mr. Murphy, Principal of Coastal Ridge
by Mrs. Ring's Class, Grade 3
Submit content for the March edition of the CRES Chronicle to:
Deadline: Friday, April 27th!
Tips for submitting content:
- We don't publish the last names of students, so please don't include your last name.
- Keep an eye on your Google Drive in case your submission gets sent back to you if it needs work (HINT: check for comments).
- Please submit a caption for any videos or photos submitted.
- All submissions need a title. (Ex: After School Sports)
- Please give a file name to all items submitted electronically (Google Drive file, pdf, etc.)
- Remember to include important information: WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY, and HOW
- Think about the message you are presenting, whether it is in the form of an article, video, photo, etc. Will your audience understand why you submitted it? Sometimes it might make sense to write a short article introducing your video or photos.