Network drives are storage areas for managed by York College and accessible from any computer/laptop within our Active Directory. All students, faculty, and staff will have a Home Drive (H: Drive) that they can store files and access on any YCP computer or from MyFiles found on the MyYCP portal. Some faculty or staff members will have access to Shared Areas or folders. Access to these areas will need to be approved and requested by your supervisor.
For Windows users:
On all YCP Active Directory desktop computers your drives will map automatically. If the drives are not mapping automatically try a system restart. If your drives do that map after that point, please contact the LTS Help Desk.
For Mac users:
Drives do not map automatically. Please follow the directions below.
- In the Finder or top menu bar click Go on the menu bar. Choose the option Connect to Server at the bottom of the menu.
- In the Server Address box enter the path for the drive you are attempting to connect and then click Connect.
- To access your H drive (personal drive): ycp.edu/home
- To access department shares:
- The authentication box will appear. Enter your YCP username and password. Ensure that Registered User is selected then click Connect. Do NOT click Remember this password in my keychain.
- The drive will appear in a new window. You will now be able to access the files on the drive you mapped.
Making a Drive Mapping Shortcut
- Open the Connect to Server box you use when mapping your network drive.
- Type in the network drive you wish to store such as smb://files.ycp.edu/home.
- Click the + next to the Server Address. The address will be added to the Favorite Servers. When you wish to use one simply select it from the Favorite Servers and it will populate the Server Address.
Note: After changing your password, always restart your desktop or laptop. This will map your drives with your new password and prevent an account lock.