Are you a guest visiting for the weekend? Connect your laptop and smartphone to york-guest!
York-guest is an open wireless network that does not require a password to connect. However, the system still requires that devices connected to it will need to be registered through Aruba's Clearpass system. The guest wireless system will allow visitors to register their devices and receive 24 hours of access to York College's network for up to two devices.
Follow these steps to connect to york-guest:
- Navigate to the device's wireless settings.
- Connect to: york-guest
- Open an internet browser and attempt to load a new webpage.
- The device will be redirected to the guest registration captive portal: https://clearpass.ycp.edu/guest/yc-registration.php
- Fill out all the displayed fields.
- Click Register
- The following page will display your Username and Password.
- Record or remember the Username or password for Step 3
- Ready to Login? Click the Here link
- Enter the Username and Password from Step 2
- Click Log In
- A loading bar will appear while the device is transitioned and to receive internet access. (This can take several minutes to complete.)
Once the transition is complete you will be redirected to York College homepage.
You will have 24 hours of access. If you exceed 24 hours you will need to repeat this process again.
You can connect up to 2 devices per day to the guest network.