Another September start up has come and gone. Guidance and Administration would like to thank students, staff, and parents for your patience during the very important process of readying student timetables for our new school year. Please note that timetable changes for semester 2 only will be made for level/pathway changes only. Elective changes for all grades, particularly grades 9 and 10, will not be accommodated.
Course selection for the 2018-19 school year will begin in February. Please be aware that timetable changes for next year's cycle will be made only until course verifications are sent out and completed in April 2018. After this process there will be no changes to timetables for reasons other than above, balancing, summer school, etc. on a case-by-case basis.
Grade 12's please note: your counselors are ready willing and able to assist you with your pathway plans, but full awareness of your credit and pathway requirements is ultimately your responsibility. Your timetable must reflect whatever you need for acceptance to your chosen programme(s). Please remember that you require 30 credits to graduate; universities require ENG4U plus minimum 5 other U or M subjects including specific programme pre-requisites; duplicated courses only count as one (1) credit. When in doubt, please see your counselor.
Grade 12 to-do list:
- work hard on all your subjects and avoid the easy path. Grade 12 is supposed to be difficult...it's prep school for the next level and it's free!
- research programmes and schools (e-info website, ontariocolleges.ca, apprenticeship.com, work/study/volunteer abroad, etc) See videos below.
- attend university and college fairs downtown Toronto (see below) including Sacred Heart fair in November
- check and re-check programme requirements
- know your credit history and what you need to graduate/qualify. See the credit summary that comes with your report card every semester. Also check your Career Studies notes from grade 10....do you remember Career Studies? :)
- accumulate meaningful service hours (no need to stop at 40)
- research scholarships and bursaries (see link below)
- learn about OSAP https://www.ontario.ca/page/osap-ontario-student-assistance-program or see below
- get involved in your school and community
- take care of your mind, body, and spirit
Scholarship Information Packages (please click right) are ready to be downloaded or picked up in Guidance. The package contains an application for school-nominated scholarships. Anyone interested in being nominated to apply for such scholarships as the Queens Chancellors, the UofT National, the Western President's, the Loran etc, please complete the application by Wednesday Oct. 4th. Please note: Due to its early deadline, prospective Loran applicants must declare their intention to apply by Wednesday September 20th.
Ontario University Fair this weekend!!! http://www.ouf.ca/docs/brochure_2017.pdf
Ontario College Fair: Oct 24 http://www.ocif.ca/
College/University Fair at Sacred Heart: November 13-17 2017 Representatives from most Ontario colleges and universities will be visiting Sacred Heart during the lunches for the whole week. Students can chat with reps and pick up promotional material on their schools of interest.
Peer tutoring! Be a tutor or get a tutor! Applications are in Guidance or click on the Student Support tab for more information
Grade 8 Day at Sacred Heart: Wed Nov. 1, 2017
Canadian Martyrs, Good Shepherd, Our Lady of Good Counsel, Notre Dame, St. Elizabeth Seton, St. Nicholas, St. Paul
Scholarship Information packages are now available in Guidance. Fast approaching deadlines for school-nominated scholarships! Any students interested in...The Loran Award, The Queen's Chancellor's, The Western President's, U of Toronto National, The Schulich Award
Like the activities you see? Click "SHSM" under the "Guidance Home" tab above!
Grade 11 students interested in joining Health and Wellness the Specialist High Skills Major here at Sacred Heart, please pick up an application in guidance. Grade 12 students are welcome as well, as long as they have taken or are currently registered in Co-op
The Guidance Department diseminates information to the students of Sacred Heart CHS through one or more of the following vehicles:
- PA announcements
- In school presentations
- Field trips
- Bulletin boards found outside of the office
- Resource materials located in the Guidance Office
Looking for the form to record your Christian Community service? Download here!