The Jaguars Athletics program aims to educate student-athletes through participation in sport. The program is inclusive in the vision of our name sake Jean Vanier. Like a Jaguar our students-athletes will learn the importance of developing a fierce commitment and work ethic in the pursuit of their athletic endeavours.
Letter of MERIT
- 40 points
Letter of DISTINCTION
- 80 points
Student Athlete Commitment
AS A JEAN VANIER CHS STUDENT-ATHLETE I AGREE TO:
- Maintain a strong academic work ethic (STUDENTS WHO FAIL TO SUBMIT ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR ATHLETICS)
- Be a positive role model within the general school community
- Make every effort possible to attend all practices
- Speak to the coaching staff in advance of missed practices
- Attend all school classes on game day
- Remain a member of the team for the entire season (quitting is not acceptable).
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship
- Represent Jean Vanier CHS with pride and dignity at all times
- HAVE FUN!