The Physical Education curriculum at XP and XP East Schools is based on a standards approach. This means that we decide what we want our students to be able to achieve within sport and physical activity first and then we plan activities that will enable them all to accomplish this. The standards that students work towards are as follows;
- Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of skills
- Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies and tactics as they apply to the learning concepts of physical activities
- Participates regularly in physical activity
- Achieves and maintains a health enhancing level of physical activity
- Exhibits responsible personal and social behaviour that respects self and others in physical activity settings
- Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self expression and/or social interaction
In keeping with our whole-school approach the students will have a guiding question, one each year, that they will work towards and present on as part of their assessment. The students will of course also be assessed continually over the course of their weekly lessons - Delve into each sport/topic more deeply by clicking on images below.