A SENIOR MOMENT
This page is intended to keep graduating seniors and parents up to date on all of the important information pertaining to the special events leading up to and including Commencement.
Senior Class Advisors: Ms. Kate McNulty & Ms. Jessica Prokop
Senior Class Leaders: Abby Gnatzig, Tommy Cushman, Ipek Goktepe, Ali Ketterhagen, & Jacob Zuehlke
Important Dates to Know
Friday, May 11 - SDO Permission Slips DUE *No late permission slips will be accepted / BABY PICTURES DUE
Friday, May 11 - Sign up for walking partners begins (Main Office)
Friday, May 18 - Sign up for walking partners ends
Tuesday, May 22 - Yearbook Distribution in Homeroom *Caps and gowns due to homeroom teachers for the Senior Parade.
Wednesday, May 23 - Senior Breakfast / Senior Day Out (Vitense Golfland, Madison, WI) *All seniors are invited to breakfast, only seniors who have completed portfolios and turned in Senior Contracts and Permission Slips will load busses to Madison
Wednesday, May 23 - Scholarship Night (Students being awarded scholarships will receive an invitation to attend)
Thursday, May 24 - Regular School Day (All seniors should be present)
Friday, May 25 - ALL-School Picnic / SENIOR AWARDS (Click Here for Schedule)
Tuesday, May 29 - Senior Parade 12:00-2:00/Graduation Rehearsal 2:00-3:00 **MANDATORY - Seniors planning to participate in Graduation Ceremony are REQUIRED to attend the rehearsal.
Wednesday, May 30 - Portfolio Presentations 12:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Sunday, June 3 - COMMENCEMENT (Seniors report at 12:00 p.m. & Ceremony begins at 2:00)
WHS COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY INFORMATION
Important information about WHS Commencement Ceremony - - Sunday, June 3, 2018, 2:00 p.m., WHS Gymnasium.
- Everyone is invited to attend. Tickets are NOT required as enough seats should be available for all attendees.
- Chairs will be available for floor seating for the elderly, the disabled, and those who do not wish to navigate the bleachers.
- WHS has a tradition of dignified commencement. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Graduates are required to be at WHS by 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 3 for the class picture. Parents and graduates will be able to order a class picture and individual pictures. (See Information Below)
- Proper attire for graduates participating in commencement includes dresses/skirts/dress pants, button-down shirts / blouses with collar.
- ALL graduates, should wear dress shoes. (NO FLIP FLOPS, casual sandals, sneakers, or boots)
- All graduates will wear satin stoles during the graduation ceremony. The stoles will be distributed prior to the group picture and collected after the ceremony in exchange for the students' diplomas.
- ALL students eligible for graduation are required to attend the mandatory graduation practice (Tuesday, May 29).
Click on the Jostens Logo below to go to the WHS Jostens page
Wednesday, October 18 Jostens Rep (Dan McCormick) will share information about ordering graduation items.
Wednesday, October 25 Graduation Items / Jostens Orders Due
Friday, December 1 Senior Contracts due to homeroom teachers
Monday, January 15 Senior Portraits and Quotes for Yearbook DUE
Wednesday, February 28 - Senior Scholarship Informational Meeting (9:30-10:10 a.m.)
Friday, April 6 - Scholarship Applications DUE
Monday, April 23 - Digital Portfolio Completion Deadline
Monday, April 30 - SDO Permission Slips distributed in Homeroom
Friday, May 4 - Senior Class Meeting during Homeroom Auditorium