A SENIOR MOMENT
This page is intended to keep graduating seniors and parents up to date on all of the important information pertaining to the special events leading up to and including Commencement.
Senior Class Advisors: Ms. Teri Hamilton & Ms. Kate McNulty
Senior Class Leaders: Jocelyn Beecroft, Maddie Elworthy, Jaden Henneman, Alisha Parboteeah, Emma Sellnow
DUE: MAY 3, 2019
You can also submit ONE group pictures from youth (PLEASE identify ALL people in picture)
Pictures Grad Cap can also be submitted
Email pictures Ms. Masbruch or place in basket in main office (in a labeled envelope so they can be returned)
Important Dates to Know
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE
Tuesday, April 16 - Mandatory Senior Class Meeting
Wednesday, April 24 - Portfolio Completion Deadline
Friday, May 3 - Submit Baby pictures for Senior Slideshow
Monday, May 6 - Senior Day Out slips handed out in Homeroom
Friday, May 10 - Friday, May 17 - Sign up for Walking Partners
Wednesday, May 15 - SDO Permission Slips DUE (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Wednesday, May 22 - Scholarship Night
Wednesday, May 29 - PORTFOLIO PRESENTATIONS
Wednesday, May 29 - SENIOR AWARDS 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 30 - SENIOR DAY ACTIVITY - Kalahari, Wisconsin Dells
Friday, May 31 - SENIOR PARADE (Seniors - be ready to board busses at 12:00)
Friday, May 31 - GRADUATION PRACTICE (MANDATORY) Immediately following parade in gym.
Sunday, June 2 - COMMENCEMENT (Seniors report at 12:00 p.m. & Ceremony begins at 2:00)
*Please note dates & times are subject to change.
Friday, October 19 - Josten's Order due
Thursday, November 8 - FAFSA workshop in LMC 4-7pm (during Parent/Teacher conferences)
Friday, January 11 - Senior Pictures due for Yearbook (Click here to send electronically)
Saturday, February 16 - Senior Ads due for Yearbook
Thursday, February 21 - Local and Area Scholarship Meeting for Seniors *Information and application materials will be distributed.
Thursday, March 21 - Cap & Gown Distribution (Jostens will contact students with balance due)
Friday, March 22 - Local and Area Scholarships Applications due
WHS COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY INFORMATION
WHS Commencement Ceremony - - WHS Gymnasium
Sunday, June 2, 2019, 2:00 p.m.
- In order to participate in the commencement ceremony, graduating Seniors are required to attend the mandatory graduation practice on May 31, following the Senior Parade through WUSD school district.
- Everyone is invited to attend. Tickets are NOT required as enough seats should be available for all attendees.
- Chairs will be available for floor seating for guests with special needs, or for those unable to navigate the bleachers.
- WHS has a tradition of dignified commencement. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Proper attire for graduates participating in commencement includes:
- Dresses/skirts/dress pants, button-down shirts / blouses.
- ALL graduates, must wear appropriate, clean, footwear. (NO flip-flops, athletic shoes, or work boots).
- Caps and gowns worn for the ceremony are to be unaltered.
- Consider hanging gowns to remove wrinkles. Ironing gowns is NOT advised as it may cause discoloration.
- All graduates will be provided satin stoles to be worn during the graduation ceremony. The stoles will be distributed prior to lineup and collected after the ceremony in exchange for the students' diplomas.
- Graduates should arrive to WHS by 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 2 for the class picture.
- Seniors arriving late will NOT be a part of the Senior Class Photo.
- Parents and graduates will be able to order a class picture and individual pictures. (Information will be distributed at graduation practice.)
- Following the class picture, graduates will assemble in the auditorium until lineup to view the Senior Slideshow (also shown in the MPR and gymnasium for guests).