A SENIOR MOMENT
This page is intended to keep graduating seniors and parents up to date on all of the important information pertaining to the special events leading up to and including Commencement.
Senior Class Advisors: Ms. Teri Hamilton & Ms. Kate McNulty
Senior Class Leaders: Jocelyn Beecroft, Maddie Elworthy, Jaden Henneman, Alisha Parboteeah, Emma Sellnow
Important Dates to Know
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE
Friday, January 11 - Senior Pictures due for Yearbook (Click here to send electronically)
Saturday, February 16 - Senior Ads due for Yearbook
Friday, March 22 - Local and Area Scholarships Applications due
Wednesday, April 24 - Portfolio Completion Deadline
Wednesday, May 22 - Scholarship Night
Wednesday, May 29 - PORTFOLIO PRESENTATIONS
Thursday, May 30 - SENIOR DAY ACTIVITY
Friday, May 31 - SENIOR PARADE & GRADUATION PRACTICE (MANDATORY)
Sunday, June 2 - COMMENCEMENT (Seniors report at 12:00 p.m. & Ceremony begins at 2:00)
*Please note dates & times are subject to change.
Friday, October 19 - Josten's Order due
Thursday, November 8 - FAFSA workshop in LMC 4-7pm (during Parent/Teacher conferences)
WHS COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY INFORMATION
Important information about WHS Commencement Ceremony - - Sunday, June 2, 2019, 2:00 p.m., WHS Gymnasium.
- Everyone is invited to attend. Tickets are NOT required as enough seats should be available for all attendees.
- Chairs will be available for floor seating for the elderly, the disabled, and those who do not wish to navigate the bleachers.
- WHS has a tradition of dignified commencement. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- Graduates are required to be at WHS by 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 2 for the class picture. Parents and graduates will be able to order a class picture and individual pictures. (See Information Below)
- Proper attire for graduates participating in commencement includes dresses/skirts/dress pants, button-down shirts / blouses with collar.
- ALL graduates, should wear dress shoes. (NO FLIP FLOPS, casual sandals, sneakers, or boots)
- All graduates will wear satin stoles during the graduation ceremony. The stoles will be distributed prior to the group picture and collected after the ceremony in exchange for the students' diplomas.
- ALL students eligible for graduation are required to attend the mandatory graduation practice.