Goal #2: Safety, Security and Facilities
Our school community will feel safe, secure, confident and proud to interact or work together in a productive learning environment.
Create a “true middle school” (grades 6-8)
- Expand the current middle school facilities to include space for grades 6-8 (or 5-8)
- Maximize space in 9-12 High School with the removal of the 8th grade.
- Address availability of class space at elementary schools
Modernize and upgrade the physical facilities
- Review and update the district’s Long Range Facilities Plan
- Review and update projects on facilities planning document to include interior and exterior areas of district facilities
Encourage an innovative learning environment through structured design (i.e. “creative classroom”)
- Identify and implement key design components of 21st century classrooms
Further enhance security district wide and continue to foster a safe and supportive learning environment
- Process and procedural review
- Create collective culture of responsibility for school security and safety
- Facilities upgrade and fortification