Raymond A. Gonzalez, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Thank you for your interest in the Westwood Regional School District. Our constant pursuit of "Excellence in Education" is what motivates us each and every day.
I encourage you to show your Cardinal pride and support of our District by staying informed and being a positive partner in the educational process. Connect with your school. Connect with your teacher. Connect with your child.
2016-17 promises to be a BIG year for us. Check our digital feeds regularly and stay tuned for more information.
Have an AWESOME year!
Dr. Gonzalez is a dedicated husband, father of three children, and educator with a successful track record of school and district-level administrative experience. He holds New Jersey State Certifications as an Administrator, Supervisor, Principal, and Teacher.
Prior to joining the Westwood Regional School District in August 2014, Dr. Gonzalez was the Superintendent in Wayne Township and also the Interim Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent of Hackensack Public Schools. For the Paterson School system, he served as Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction and Special Education, as well as Director of Assessment, Planning, and Evaluation. Dr. Gonzalez was also the Principal of the Berkeley Elementary School here in Westwood Regional School District and a Paterson school teacher, where he was honored as the recipient of the Geraldine R. Dodge Fellowship Award for outstanding first year teacher.
Dr. Raymond A. Gonzalez earned his Doctoral and Masters Degrees in Educational Administration and Supervision from Rutgers University, has a Masters Degree in Urban Education from New Jersey City University, and received his Bachelor's Degree in Sociology from Princeton University.
- "Educational Tug-of-War: Internal and external accountability of principals in varied contexts", published in the 2013 Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 51 Iss: 3
- "Principal Perceptions of Accountability," presented to the University Council for Educational Administration in 2011
- "Culture and Processes Affecting Data Use in School Districts," published in the 2007 Yearbook of the National Society for the Study of Education, Vol. 106 Iss: 1
- 2013: A. Ross Thomas Award as Outstanding Paper of 2013 in the Journal of Educational Administration
- 2013: University Council of Educational Administration: Excellence in Educational Leadership Award
- 2013: Angelo L. Tomaso Award for Excellence in Dissertation
- 2011: Bergen County Hispanic Heritage Month - Excellence in Education Award