K-12 Health Portal
The K-12 Health Portal was designed to help parents and students navigate all aspects of their personal health while in the Westwood Regional School District.
All health forms, medical information, state guidelines, requirements, resources and answers to the most frequently asked questions can either be found below OR click on the tabs above to go to your specific school.
Healthy Children learn better.
Each child has unique physical, emotional and academic needs.
The certified school nurse advocates for the student's health needs by utilizing knowledge from medical, educational and psychological disciplines.
Immunization Requirements and Resources
The New jersey Department of Health's website explains all immunization requirements (N.J.A.C. 8:57-4) in order for your child to enter or comply with specific age group vaccination schedules.
Please view the information under the Vaccine Requirements and Guidance section:
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Immunizations...
Did you ever Ask "Why is my child getting this vaccination"?
Free Local Child Health Clinic
Accidents Happen, DON'T DELAY call Poison Control if you think someone might have ingested or come in contact with any type of poison.
If you're wondering if you should call, then the answer is yes.
CALL IMMEDIATELY -1-800-222-1222
If someone is experiencing a life-threatening emergency Call 911
OPIOID USE AND MISUSE .............. know the facts
Resources for Parents and Students on Preventing Substance Misuse and Abuse
- New Jersey Prevention Network includes a parent’s quiz on the effects of opioids. Parent Quiz
- Operation Prevention Parent Tool kit is designed to help parents learn more about the opioid epidemic,recognize warning signs, and open lines of communication with their children and those in the community. Operation Prevention Parent Tool Kit
- Parent to Parent NJ is a grass roots coalition for families and children struggling with alcohol and drug addiction. Parent to Parent
- Partnership for a Drug Free New Jersey is New Jersey’s anti-drug alliance created to localize and strengthen drug-prevention media efforts to prevent unlawful drug use, especially among young people. Partnership for a Drug Free NJ
- Reach NJ provides information for parents and families, including addiction and treatment stories. Reach NJ
- The Science of Addiction: The Stories of Teens shares common misconceptions about opioids through the voices of teens. The Science of Addiction