Intervention & Referral Services (I&RS)
What is I&RS?
I&RS is a school based service composed of a multidisciplinary team that provides students and staff with educational and behavioral support. The I&RS team helps develop strategies for better addressing academic, behavior and health needs of students in their classes.
Who is Part of the I&RS Team?
Administration, Student Assistance Counselor, Guidance Counselor, Nurse, Child Study Team member, Educational teacher, Special Education teacher.
When should I make a referral to the I&RS Team?
- Academic Concerns
- Behavioral Concerns
- Health Concerns
- Drugs & Alcohol Concerns
- Suffering from any type of mental health issue
- Environmental Concerns (divorce, death of a loved one, recent move, etc.)
What is the Referral Process?
- Teachers, counselors, administration, parents and students can all make a referral to the I&RS
- Referral forms can be located at the main office, guidance suite, or from any member of the team
- All information is kept completely confidential