A monthly e-newsletter to keep you connected to your District
I hope this message finds everyone well-rested and ready for the start of school on Tuesday, September 4. In your final preparations for next week, please be sure to check our district's and schools' sites for information regarding school supplies and summer learning. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the school's main office for assistance.
Entering Year 3 of our District's Strategic Action Plan, 2018-19 promises continued forward progress in each of our goal areas. Stay involved with your school and connected to the district to see our plans turn into action.
Last, but not least, I would like to take a moment to thank all the staff who have been hard at work over the summer getting everything ready for the return of our students. Our classrooms and schools look fantastic!
We are looking forward to seeing you next week. Until then ... enjoy the long weekend ahead!
From Referendum to Expansion
The online information portal used during the referendum has been officially updated to provide information regarding the Middle School Expansion project. Included on the site will be updates, timelines, photos and videos as well as an archive of all the information provided during the referendum information campaign.
SUMMER ACTIVITY AROUND WRSD
Bergen County SWAT training
Eighth Grade Orientation
Middle School Field House Demolition
Summer Learning & Enrichment
Kindergarten Scavenger Hunts
New Maintenance Garage & Field House
Literacy Professional Development
1:1 Chromebook Distribution at the HS
2018-19 Annual Notifications
In addition to the forms and documents located in the Genesis Parent Portal for your review, the following documents are being provided for your information. If you have any questions about any of these documents, please don't hesitate to reach out to your building principal.
JULY & AUGUST BOARD MEETINGS
In addition to the recently adopted Board Policies listed below, any policies currently under review by the Board can found here and ALL final policies and regulations can be found on the district website under the Board of Education drop down menu.
- 0000.02 - Introduction Bylaw, Policies & Regulations (M)
- 1613 - Disclosure and Review of Applicant’s Employment History (M)
- 5512 - Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying (HIB) (M)
- 9150 - School Visitors
- NOTE: Per Policy 9150, visitors shall be required to register their presence in the school using the electronic visitors management and a visitor’s information will be checked against the National Sex Offender Registry to ensure the safety of our students.
On behalf of the Westwood School District and Board of Education, we would like to extend a warm welcome to our new 2018 certified staff for the 2018-2019 school year!
You are cordially invited ...
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
2018-2019 School Calendar
- 3: District Closed
- 4: First Day of School
- 10-11: District Closed
- 19: District Closed
- 20: Board of Education Meeting
- 8: Staff Professional Development (Schools Closed for Students)
- 18: Board of Education Meeting
- 22-23: Half-Days for PreK-5 Students (parent conferences)
- 24: PreK-5 Evening Parent Conferences