West Valley School District
June 18th - June 21st
$40 per student; scholarships available based on need
Open to all West Valley students in grades 1 - 6 as of fall 2018
Limited Enrollment! Registration Deadline 5/4/18
West Valley students are encouraged to join us for a fun-filled week of Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math!
Eligible Students: Grades 1-6
Date: Monday, June 18th - Thursday, June 21st
Location: West Valley High School; 8301 E. Buckeye Ave. Spokane, WA 99212
Time: 8am-1pm (includes breakfast & lunch)
Cost: $40 per student; scholarships available based on need
STEM Camp Information
Option 1: Medical Mysteries
- Join us as we solve a medical mystery! Together we will investigate an unsolved mystery related to the inner workings of the human body. EveryBODY can relate to this camp.
Option 2: Lego Robotics
- Campers will use Legos to learn about force, motion, and speed, to understand the foundations of engineering. Kids will design, build, and test machines that can navigate a challenging mission to solve a unique problem.
Option 3: Girls Love Legos
- LEGOs are a great start to learning about engineering, coding and the scientific process. This camp is specially designed with girls in mind and will ensure they love to build, engineer, and code with LEGOs!
- Camp will be held Monday, June 18th through Thursday, June 21st from 8:00am - 1:00pm. Breakfast and lunch will be served during camp hours.
- Check-in will open at 7:45am on Monday, June 18th in the commons/cafeteria area of West Valley High School (8301 E Buckeye Ave). A parent/guardian must accompany their student on the first day of check-in.
- After check-in students will remain in the commons/cafeteria for breakfast and orientation.
- If your child needs transportation, please click on this Transportation Sign Up Link. Transportation will not be provided unless you indicate that you need it. It is assumed that your student will be transported from the address you have listed in Skyward that is within West Valley school boundaries. No out-of-district transportation will be provided.
- Student drop-off and pick-up locations are as follows:
- Grades 1-3: East parking lot near the tennis courts
- Grades 4-6: South “visitors” parking lot in front of the main entrance & Vista
*if you have students in BOTH grades 1-3 and 4-6, BOTH of the students will be picked up in the Grades 1-3 area in the east parking lot near the tennis courts
- If you indicated that your student has a life threat or requires medication on a daily basis, please send the medication with your student to be turned over to the teacher during check-in. Medical care plans will be maintained on-site.
- If you need to contact the school during STEM Camp, please call 509-340-7216 as there will be no one answering the phones in the main office.