West Valley School District
July 31st - August 3rd
Open to all West Valley students in grades K - 6
Registration has closed; please see camp information below
West Valley students are encouraged to join us for a fun-filled week of Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math!
Eligible Students: Grades K-6
Date: Monday, July 31st - Thursday, August 3rd
Location: West Valley High School; 8301 E. Buckeye Ave. Spokane, WA 99212
Time: 8am-1pm (includes breakfast & lunch)
STEM Camp Information
Option 1: Kids Love Biomed
- Join us as we navigate the human body! Together we will learn what makes our complex human bodies work. We will dive deeper into topics like diabetes and why a healthy diet and life style are so important for our bodies. EveryBODY can relate to this camp.
Option 2: Lego Robotics
- Campers will use Legos to learn about force, motion, and speed, to understand the foundations of block programming. Kids will use motors and sensors to design and program a robot that can navigate a challenging mission to solve a unique problem.
Option 3: Girls Love Legos
- LEGOs are a great start to learning about engineering, coding and the scientific process. This camp is specially designed with girls in mind and will ensure they love to build, engineer, and code with LEGOs!
- Camp will be held Monday, July 31st through Thursday, August 3rd from 8:00am - 1:00pm. Breakfast and lunch will be served during camp hours.
- Check-in will open at 7:45am on Monday, July 31st in the front entryway of West Valley High School (8301 E Buckeye Ave). A parent/guardian must accompany their student on the first day of check-in.
- After check-in students will go to the commons for breakfast and orientation.
- If your child needs transportation (grades 1-6 only), please click on this Transportation Sign Up Link to sign up for transportation by Wednesday, June 28th. Transportation will not be provided unless you indicate that you need it. It is assumed that your student will be transported from the address you have listed in Skyward. Unfortunately, we are not able to transport incoming Kindergarten students due to bus safety education requirements. You will be responsible for picking up and dropping off your student. No out-of-district transportation is provided.
- Student drop-off and pick-up locations are as follows:
- Grades K-3: East parking lot near the tennis courts
- Grades 4-6: South “visitors” parking lot in front of the main entrance & Vista
- If you indicated that your student has a life threat or requires medication on a daily basis, please send the medication with your student to be turned over to the teacher during check-in. Medical care plans will be maintained on-site.
- If you need to contact the school during STEM Camp, please call 509-340-7216 as there will be no one answering the phones in the main office.