West Valley School District
June 24th - June 27th
$40 per student
Scholarships available based on need - contact email@example.com
Open to all West Valley students in grades 1 - 6 as of fall 2019
Limited Enrollment! Registration Deadline 6/7/19
West Valley students are encouraged to join us for a fun-filled week of Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math!
Eligible Students: Grades 1-6
Date: Monday, June 24th - Thursday, June 27th
Location: West Valley High School; 8301 E. Buckeye Ave. Spokane, WA 99212
Time: 8am-1pm (includes breakfast & lunch)
Cost: $40 per student; scholarships available based on need
STEM Camp Information
Option 1: Medical Mysteries
- Join us as we solve a medical mystery! Together we will investigate an unsolved mystery related to the inner workings of the human body. EveryBODY can relate to this camp.
Option 2: Lego Robotics
- Campers will use Legos to learn about force, motion, and speed, to understand the foundations of engineering. Kids will design, build, and test machines that can navigate a challenging mission to solve a unique problem.
Option 3: Girls Love Legos
- LEGOs are a great start to learning about engineering, coding and the scientific process. This camp is specially designed with girls in mind and will ensure they love to build, engineer, and code with LEGOs!
Click here to register: https://wa-westvalley363.intouchreceipting.com/signin.aspx
*After you login, the STEM Camp registration path is "District Wide Items, District Office, District Office, STEM Camp"
**If you do not have a "Family Access" Skyward account, you will need to create a guest account to register
- Camp will be held Monday, June 24th through Thursday, June 27th from 8:00am - 1:00pm. Breakfast and lunch will be served during camp hours.
- Check-in will open at 7:45am on Monday, June 24th in the commons/cafeteria area of West Valley High School (8301 E Buckeye Ave). A parent/guardian must accompany their student on the first day of check-in unless the student is riding the bus.
- After check-in students will remain in the commons/cafeteria for breakfast and orientation.
- If your child needs transportation, you must indicate this when you register by 5/17/19. You cannot sign up for transportation after 5/17/19. Transportation will not be provided unless you indicate that you need it. Your student's bus stop may be different from their "normal" stop based on fewer pick ups during STEM Camp. You will be notified which bus stop your student is assigned at least 1 week before camp begins. No out-of-district transportation will be provided.
- Student drop-off and pick-up locations are as follows:
- Grades 1-3: East parking lot near the tennis courts
- Grades 4-6: South “visitors” parking lot in front of the main entrance & Vista
*if you have students in BOTH grades 1-3 and 4-6, BOTH of the students will be picked up in the Grades 1-3 area in the east parking lot near the tennis courts
6. If you indicated that your student has a life threat or requires medication on a daily basis, please send the medication with your student to be turned over to the teacher during check-in. Medical care plans will be maintained on-site.
7. If you need to contact the school during STEM Camp, please call 509-340-7216 as there will be no one answering the phones in the main office.