Here at UCLA, we Bruins take pride in giving back and supporting our community. Rotaract is a Rotary-sponsored service club. Through the Rotaract program, young adults not only augment their knowledge and skills, but they also address the physical and social needs of their communities while promoting international understanding and peace through a framework of friendship and service.
What is Rotaract?
Rotaract clubs are part of a global effort to bring peace and international understanding to the world. The effort starts at the community level but knows no limits in its outreach. Rotaractors have access to the many resources of Rotary International (RI) and the Rotary Foundation. Rotary International provides the administrative support that helps Rotaract clubs thrive.
Goals of Rotaract
- To develop professional and leadership skills.
- To emphasize respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve.
- To recognize, practice, and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems, and opportunities in the community and worldwide.
- To provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill toward all people.
From Rotaractor Wiki
For more information, click here.