Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) that supports online student learning. While teachers will be required to host student growth assessments on Canvas, in order to earn your badge for this tech tool you will need to host at least one class you teach (or co-teach) on Canvas.
Learn More about This Tool:
Go for Gold!
If you've already earned the Canvas badge, you can earn the Golden Canvas Badge by showing evidence that you have done any TWO of the following tasks in Canvas:
- Add a video of yourself talking/giving an announcement (Hint: It's built right into the rich text editor to add a video)
- Hold a discussion using the discussion board feature
- Add content to a module to organize information
- Use a rubric to grade an assignment
- Leave voice feedback in Speedgrader
- Create groups in Canvas and assignment a "group" assignment (Hint: make it a group assignment BEFORE you assign it)
- Create content pages
- Have a class "Chat" using the "Chat" feature
Stop by to show Kelly you've done any of these TWO tasks and you will earn your Golden Canvas Badge!
Earn Your Badge:
Complete the Canvas Evidence Sheet to earn your badge. Kelly or Kris will deliver the badge to you to add to your badging chart.