- Remember to look below for important upcoming dates.
- Your student may have mentioned that we have "gone digital" in class. Again, with that idle time I had during my healing process, I worked on creating learning videos for the kids to access during the day, as well as at home if necessary, to assist in learning. The kids have shared that they like that they are able to rewind the videos when they encounter something they do not understand. This also allows students to direct their own learning and work at their own pace. This also frees up a lot of time for me to work with smaller groups to reinforce the concepts as well as to continually check for understanding and intervene as needed. The kids are especially liking being able to track their own data related to i-Ready work and assessments. This is going to be a little messy in the beginning as we navigate this new process. However, I think in a few short weeks, we will be a well-oiled machine. Once our complete system is in place, I will send an e-mail with step-by-step instructions on how you can access all of this at home. In the meantime, the kids can always show you what we are working on. Videos will be archived to my website weekly.
- To hold the students accountable for their weekly spelling words, I have begun giving spelling tests on Fridays. The students have time in class each day to work on activities related to these words. If you would like additional practice at home, you can have your child log on to Vocabulary/Spelling City. Here, you will find a variety of activities students can utilize to help them familiarize themselves with their words. Their log in is their student ID number and the password is "tigers". The link for Vocabulary/Spelling City can be found in the Resources tab above.
- The Six Flags Read to Succeed Program is in full swing! Forms are due back by Wednesday, February 13, 2019 but can be turned into me as soon as they are completed. I am strongly urging all of my kids to participate. This program, sponsored by Six Flags Theme Parks, encourages students to read for fun. Students must complete 6 hours of recreational reading to be eligible for a free admission ticket to Six Flags. Reading for homework or a class assignment does NOT count.
- Please be sure to check the Student Center for additional information, as well as to see what your child is learning each week.
- Remember to wear your TBE spirit attire on Fridays! It is our goal to have ALL students on campus showing their Tiger Pride!
- Have a great week!
1/15: Father/Son Xtreme Craze, 5:00
1/21: MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY--NO SCHOOL
2/12: Mother-Daughter Paint Night. 4:00 and 6:00
2/14-2/18: President's Day break--NO SCHOOL
2/22: End of Trimester 2
3/2: Daddy Daughter Dance, 6:00 - 8:00
3/10: Daylight Savings Time begins
4/3: Spring Pictures
4/4: Sami's Circuit
4/5: Monte Carlo Night, 6:00
4/9: Sami's Circuit Family Night
4/15 - 4/22: SPRING BREAK, NO SCHOOL
4/23 & 4/24: Starstruck Showcase
5/1 & 5/2: Bernhard field trips (our day TBD)
5/6- 5/10: Staff Appreciation Week
5/13 - 5/17: Book Fair
5/27: MEMORIAL DAY, NO SCHOOL
6/3 - 6/7: Early Release Days, 1:40 dismissal
6/7: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL