Welcome to Trencenseptia!
This Week's Trencenseptia Times
~ February 5-14 ~
- Valentine Grams ~ These are due this Thursday. Click here for the Valentine Grams form.
- 5th Grade Healthy Kids Survey ~ Permission slips are due on Wednesday. Thank you for getting these back promptly!
- Market Day ~ This exciting event is this Friday! Click here if you need another copy of the letter that was sent home on Friday, and please let me know if you have any questions.
- Student Performances ~ We have two Trencenseptians taking the stage in local theaters! Caralena is performing as Jojo in Roseville Theater Arts Academy’s Seussical: The Musical! The show runs Fridays-Sundays March 9-24. Click here for more information. (I’ll be going March 18!) Aly will be in My Son Pinocchio with Rocklin Community Theater on various dates from Feb. 25-March 11. Click here for more information , and be sure to choose a performance with the STAR cast. (I’m going Feb. 25th!) It would be wonderful for our class to support these talented young actors!
- Valentine’s Day ~ I’ll be sending home a list of Trencenseptians with your child tomorrow. If your child chooses to bring valentines next Wednesday, please be sure he/she brings one for each member of our class. Thank you!
- Walk Through California ~ Our in-school field trip is coming up on March 3 from 11:45-2:15. Parents are encouraged to attend--it’s a really fun experience! Students will each have an expert word to memorize and present and will get dressed up in California history costumes. Keep an eye out for information coming home next week!
What We're Learning
- Math (aka Puzzling) ~ 4th Grade is testing on Topic 10, Dividing by 1-Digit Divisors, tomorrow (2/6). Our next topic is Fraction Equivalence and Ordering, and students will be learning about factors, multiples, prime and composite numbers, equivalent fractions, and comparing and ordering fractions. 5th Grade is working on Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers in Topic 10, and will be testing on Friday. Topic 11 is focused on Multiplying and Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers. Students in both grades will also be working on Common Core Review, Performance Tasks, Enrichment Activities, and Make-Ups/Redos.
- Language Arts/TTWE (Time Travel and World Exploration) ~ We’re learning new tools to help us grow as readers. They’re called the Notice and Note Signposts. This week we’re learning about “Contrasts and Contradictions” and next week we’ll be learning about “Aha Moments.” These are great things to ask your child about in regard to their independent reading at home as well as what they watch on TV or in movies. In TTWE we’re studying Mexican independence and rule of California over the next few weeks, and then we’ll be moving on the Gold Rush! Next week we’ll start working on our Walk Through California expert words in preparation for our upcoming in-school field trip. We will also be working on independent writing projects, Daily Language review, and grammar/language lessons.
- P.E. ~ We’re back to yoga on Tuesdays and will be starting a soccer unit on Thursdays and Fridays. If you have soccer balls at home that we can use, please have your child bring them to school on those days. Also, good PE shoes are essential! In addition to soccer, we’ll also be doing more running throughout the week to work on building our stamina and cardiovascular health.