WELCOME TO THIRD GRADE!!!
- Please be sure to read through each tab, especially the Welcome tab, the Student Center tab and the Parent Corner tab. Please complete the "Tell Me About Your Child" questionnaire (Parent Corner), as well as help your child complete the All About Me survey (Student Center), prior to the first day of school.
- I would like to invite you and your child to visit the classroom on Wednesday, August 15th anytime between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. This will give them (and you) an opportunity to meet me and tour the classroom which will hopefully help in calming any first day jitters they (or you) may be feeling. I would also ask that you bring in supplies at that time so that we do not need to worry about this on the first day of school (which can be hectic for sure!). Finally, there will be paperwork on your child's desk that should be taken home for completion and returned to school the next day if possible.
- You will find MY third grade supply list here. In making your purchases please note that my supply list varies slightly from the one found on the school's website. Please also note the following:
- Please purchase pre-sharpened pencils...this makes life a lot easier!
- Please purchase baby wipes rather than disinfectant wipes.
- Please remove the crayons, markers, colored pencils, scissors and glue sticks from their packaging and place them in the pencil box. Doing so will help me a ton! You may put your child's name on their pencil box as they will take these home at the end of the year. Please also put their names on their headphones. The rest of the supplies can remain in their packaging as those will be community supplies and I will store them for use as needed.
- Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to meeting everyone!
8/15: Meet the teacher 10:00 - 12:00 (BRING SUPPLIES AT THIS TIME!)
8/16: First day of school (school begins at 8:10; please come straight to classroom)
8/17: Back to School Festival (formerly Harvest Festival)
8/23: Back to School Night (specific classroom times TBD)
9/3: LABOR DAY--NO SCHOOL
9/10: Fall Pictures
9/10: McTeacher Night
9/28: Fun Run
10/5 - 10/8: OCTOBER BREAK--NO SCHOOL
10/20: Mother-Son Halloween Dance
10/22: STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY--NO SCHOOL
10/25: Make-up picture day
11/3: Bowling and Baskets Night @ Strikes (time TBD)