Grant Guidelines and Criteria
The West Platte Education Foundation is seeking truly innovative projects that it can help make a reality by offering financial support.
- The selection committee reviews ALL applications for consideration.
- Grant projects are reviewed on a competitive basis.
- Project funding ranges from $100 up to $2,500 annually.
- A maximum of 5 Innovative Teacher Grants will be awarded annually.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have secured matching funds from local businesses and/or organizations.
- Funding is awarded for projects that will directly impact students, student learning, and engagement.
- Supplies, transportation, materials, and equipment expenses are among those items funded while salaries and professional development opportunities are not fundable.
- Fall 2017 awards are to be used before May 2018.
- While the project can involve as many staff as necessary, please select one person as the grant's 'lead'. The lead is responsible for ordering and receiving materials and supplies.
- Projects may include innovative before and after school programs that enhance student learning and engagement.
- Funding will only be awarded to new, innovative projects and cannot be used to continue or expand existing programs or projects.
- Winners will be announced in early November.
- School Principal or direct Administrator of staff applying must sign off on the submission. *See Step 1: Administrator Approval*
- Grant recipients are expected to attend the annual West Platte Education Foundation fundraiser/gala.
- Upon completion of the project, you will need to submit a written evaluation and report to the West Platte Education Foundation Selection Committee by the 4th quarter of the year.
***APPLICATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 6, 2017***