Create Your Future!
Our promise is to provide a rigorous academic and arts education, empowering students to be innovative citizens of a global society.
The Woodburn Arts and Communications Academy seeks to build a community of learners who through their passion for art develop the techniques of creativity in order to become innovative members of a diverse global society.
- Monday, September 2 - No School - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, September 3 - 9th Grade Only Link Crew Day
- Wednesday, September 4 - First Day of School for All Students
- Friday, September 7 - First Friday Activities
- Saturday, September 28 - 9:00-12:00 ~ Saturday School
- Friday, October 4 - First Friday Assembly
- Friday, October 4 - Academic Check-In Calls
- Saturday, October 5 - 9:00-12:00 ~ Saturday School
- Tuesday, October 8 - WACA Wide Field Trip to In the Heights
- Wednesday, October 9 - No School - 4:00-8:00 ~ Student Led Conferences
- Thursday, October 10 - No School - 12:00-8:00 ~ Student Led Conferences
- Friday, October 11 - No School - Statewide Inservice
- Monday, October 14 - Mid-Term Latework Deadline
- Wednesday, October 16 - PSAT Day
- Thursday, October 17 - Campus Blood Drive
News and Announcements
- On October 8th WACA will be attending a private showing of Lin-Manuel Miranda's Tony Award Winning musical "In the Heights." Over the next month we will be learning about his ground breaking musical, Miranda's impact on the theater community, and appropriate theater etiquette. We are so excited for this amazing opportunity, and can't wait to see the impact it will have on our WACA community! Check out a clip from the show below.