Since 2007, The Westminster Afterschool Program has been providing the students of Westminster Community Schools with engaging activities that promote wellness, enrichment and academics outside the school day. We are a 21st Century Learning Center and a licensed childcare provider through the state of VT.
The Westminster Afterschool Program (ASP) offers:
- REACH Homework Help: Responsible Excellence and Caring Help: homework help and academic support for all participants on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- REACH Tutoring: Individual and small group 25-minute tutoring sessions offered Monday through Wednesday for eligible students (based on assessment data and teacher recommendations.)
- Wellness: Daily healthy snack and physical activity in an emotionally responsive atmosphere
- AWE Clubs: Academic, Wellness and Enrichment clubs offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Summer camp: visit the summer camp page to learn more
Sample Daily Schedule:
3:10-- Check-in, AMPED-UP Snack!
3:45-4:40-- REACH Homework Help or AWE Clubs
4:45-- Buses depart
4:45-5:00-- Family pickup
5:00-5:30-- Extended Care (prior arrangements required)
PLEASE NOTE, on Fridays, we:
- end at 5:00
- have choice time, no clubs or tutoring
- do NOT have a late bus
- do not have a Friday kindergarten program at this time