Welcome to the WMU School Counseling Department!
The mission of the WMUCSD Counseling Department is to support the academic, career, and social and emotional learning for ALL students. A comprehensive counseling program fosters whole-child development and promotes academic success, personal and social growth, and college and career readiness. This in partnership with parents/guardians, staff, and community members, fosters students to become successful, productive citizens and lifelong learners in a changing and diverse world.
Philosophy and Beliefs
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff and education stakeholders.
- School counselor are leaders in the school, district, and state.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career, and social/emotional outcomes.