Team Tournament Series
Western Michigan is excited to start it's first Team Tournament Series this fall. Team Tournaments are a NEW format for the USTA. Click Here to Register. Here are the highlights:
- You can sign up as an individual, with a friend or two, or with an entire team of at least 5 players
- Tournaments are only 3-4 hours in length
- Players do not have to be USTA Members. You do you have to create a free USTA account if you do not have one already (see the bottom of the page)
- Players will rotate in and out playing singles and doubles
- A team match is on 2 courts, one singles and one doubles
- Matches are timed with a running match score on the singles and doubles courts
- The team totals for the singles and doubles courts are added up after time is called and the winner is determined by the highest total
- These are FUN events and focus on that more than the winning
- These are focusing on the middle to lower high school players and middle school players
- We plan to have 2 divisions (high school and middle school)
- Cost is just $15 per person
- These are great for players that have not played tournaments before, but everyone can play!
Dates and Sites:
- October 19 from 4-8pm - Premier Athletic & Tennis Club - Grandville
- October 20 from 2-6pm - Court One Athletic Club - East - Okemos
- October 26 from 10:30-2pm - South Shore Health & Racquet Club - St. Joseph
- November 10 from 2-6pm - Grand Rapids Racquet and Fitness - Grand Rapids*
- November 24 from 2-6pm - Court One Athletic Club - East - Okemos
- December 15 from 2-6pm - Court One Athletic Club - East - Okemos
*newly added date
Players DO NOT have to be USTA Members. If they do not have a USTA Account, please do the following:
- Go to www.netgeneration.usta.com
- Click on JOIN (FREE)
- Fill out the short form under "Create your Account"
- If a player has a USTA Number, either current or expired, that can be used.
- If a player is 13 or under, Parents must create an account first. To do this:
- Create a Parent Sign-in Account (Under Create your Account)
- Click on Role - Parent
- Click on: Add Child
This is from the largest Team Tournament in the United States in East Lansing in June!