Call for Support Staff
Call for Conference Support Staff
The RID Region III Conference is seeking volunteers to serve as Conference Support Staff (CSS) this summer in Milwaukee. Conference Support Staff are essential to a successful conference, and we are seeking motivated individuals who are interested in furthering their own professional development.
The duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist committee members with conference logistics
- Monitor workshops and tend to the needs of presenters, attendees, and the interpreting team
- Help with registration and silent auction
- Serve as a conference ambassador to attendees
- Run errands, and other conference related duties as assigned
Serving as Conference Support Staff allows individuals to engage further in the profession and provides numerous opportunities for networking. Other benefits include:
- Free conference registration, meals, and shared hotel accommodation*
- Learn from workshops while supporting the presenter and interpreting team
- Network with interpreters and community members from all over Region III
Current interpreting students, working interpreters, and Deaf individuals interested in joining the field are all welcome to apply. To apply, please fill this out https://goo.gl/forms/ZXKkT05B7exQ4V4e2
The coordinators will be conducting interviews in ASL to get to know the applicants. Any questions? Contact CSS Coordinators, Tarra Grammenos and Sam Freeman at Region3SupportStaff@wisrid.org.
Want more info? www.Region3Conference.com
Applications are due March 31st, 2018.
*Hotel provided for those who live at least 30 miles from the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport Hotel.
We look forward to meeting you, and thank you for your interest in contributing to the success of the RID Region III Conference!