~Making the classroom work for each learner~
Learning Spaces: Research-based Best Practices
- Empower Students in a Collaborative, Flexible Learning Environment, ISTE 2017
- Flexible Seating Elevates Student Engagement, Edutopia 2015
Engaging Learning Environment
- 10 Steps to Create an Engaging Classroom, ASCD 2018
~How students experience learning~
Innovative Teaching pertains to a wide variety of high-impact, student centered, engaging learning experiences. Weslaco ISD advocates and supports the research-based best practices of Personalized and Blended Learning.
Personalized Learning provides an educational experience tailored to the needs, skills, and interests of each student in order to engage with learning tools that will enrich, and support deeper learning.
Blended Learning provides instruction that matches student skill, expands learning time, focuses on face-to-face interactions and online learning in an effort to enrich learners to their fullest potential.
Learning!: Research-Based Best Practices
- Differentiated learning strategies
- Flexible Grouping strategies
- Student voice and choice
- What is Differentiated Instruction, Carol Ann Tomlinson
District Goals & Instructional Focus
Innovative Teaching & Personalized Learning are grounded in Weslaco ISD's District Goals and Instructional Focus.
- Student Success/Literacy Focus
High quality, engaging, and innovative programs that develop college, career, and service ready leaders.
- Engaging Learning Environments
Safe, secure, drug-free, technology-rich and inviting environments district-wide that promote high performance.
- Professional Growth/ Leadership Development
High-quality, research-based training development for all employees.