Weekly Newsletters and Resources are posted below in the file folders
Upcoming Dates & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- The health office is starting to see fevers and flu-like symptoms throughout the grade levels. Please help us keep our students and staff healthy by keeping your child home if they have a fever. Students may still be contagious and pass their symptoms on to others for up to 24 hours after they have had a fever. We ask that you keep your child home until they have been fever-free without using fever-reducing medications for least 24 hours. Thank you for your help!
- Morning Drop Off Supervision:
Students who are eating a school breakfast will be allowed into the cafeteria at 7:30 a.m. We have a large number of students who are arriving at school between 7:30 - 7:45 a.m. who are not eating breakfast. They are just hanging out in the cafeteria. Our drop-off time for students who are not eating breakfast is 7:45 a.m.. We have been making announcements to students every day this week that beginning on Monday after Thanksgiving break, students who arrive before 7:45 a.m. and are not eating breakfast will not be allowed to enter into the cafeteria. There is no supervision in the front of the building or in the backyard until 7:45 a.m.. Please make other arrangements in the morning for your child if they are not eating breakfast.
- January 21 NO SCHOOL
- January 23: AVID Parent Showcase from 7:45 to 9:45 a.m.--Registration Required
- January 28 Class Picture Day--Formal Dress Required
- January 31 Kindergarten 100th Day of School; thank you for your donations of snacks
- February 1 - Student Assessment Sheets coming home in your child's Friday folder.
- February 14 Class Valentines Party 2:00-3:00
- Parents and siblings are welcome
- more information to come
- February 15 & 18 NO SCHOOL
- March 1 Morning with Mom 7am in the gym
- March 8 NO SCHOOL, end of 3rd Quarter
- April 1-5 Spring Break, NO SCHOOL
- College T-shirt days- Support our college-going culture. Wear your favorite college t-shirt with your uniform bottom to school on the first Monday of each month.
- College T-shirt days - September 10, October 1, November 5, December 3, February 4, March 4, May 6 (uniform bottoms)
- AVID T-shirts- To support AVID in the classroom, we invite students to wear their AVID t-shirt and uniform bottom to school on the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month.
- AVID T-shirt days: October 16, October 22, November 12, November 26, December 10, January 14, January 28, February 14, February 25, March 11, March 25, April 8, April 22, and May 13 (uniform bottoms required)
- Math tutoring The Math Department is pleased to invite you to participate in its 2nd year of their WCA Math student-tutor program. Parents may sign their students up in grades K-8 to be tutored by a High School student. Sessions are one day a week from 3:30 - 4:30 at the MS/HS Academic Advancement Center and students will be matched with a tutor according to timing preferences selected at registration. There is a two-week time frame for students to be matched with a tutor; you will be contacted within that time frame. Cost for this weekly tutor session is $10/session to be paid directly to the tutor.
Click here for a link to online registration.
- Each year, WCA families are required to volunteer 35 hours for our school. There are many ways to you can participate! Please visit our volunteer section on our website to learn more! Please remember to log your hours as you volunteer. This information is used for grant applications. This helps our school in so many ways! Log your hours on our Volunteer Tracker to make sure your service hours are counted. If you haven't had the opportunity to open your account, we are inviting you to establish or update your volunteer account online. Parent volunteers are critical in supporting our children. We truly appreciate everything you do! Please stop at one of our offices or email Jamie Zink with questions.
Parents, In the classroom we watch and move around the a lot to educational videos. The students love them!
I use youtube. A few videos are (type Kindergarten behind them):
- abc sounds, numbers 1-100, letters of the alphabet, counting on and counting back, letter sounds, shapes, one more, one less, counting by 2s, 5s, & 10s, counting backwards 20-1, addition, subtraction
- Kinder math games