Welcome to the wonderful world of kindergarten!
We are so excited to partner with you for an amazing school year!
Where we are headed...
Students, this year is going to be filled with fun and excitement as you transform into a vital part of our learning community here at Windsor Charter Academy Elementary School. You will feel so much joy and pride when you leave kindergarten knowing how to successfully interact and collaborate with others. Through our Eight Keys of Excellence, you will be able to understand and demonstrate strong character and leadership skills in any setting.
In addition, you will master writing your whole name. Knowing the letters and sounds in the alphabet and hearing them in words, will enable you to read, create, and comprehend simple stories. Effectively communicating with others will be a breeze, because you will be able to express your ideas in complete sentences using describing words.
Another awesome thing we get to do is utilize technology in engaging and innovative ways. We will use I-Pads and a SMART television to help us interact with our work. Hands on learning with counters will teach us how to become mathematicians. We will classify shapes, count, write, compare, decompose, and compose numbers. It will be so amazing to manipulate all of these learning tools!
Through Core Knowledge, you will discover tons about the world you live in! You will be able to teach others about the seven continents and important facts about our country. In science, we will learn about our bodies and their five senses, magnetism, the four seasons, plants, be able to identify and describe living and non-living organisms, and so much more!
I look forward to our remarkable journey together! Welcome again to Mrs. Klein's Kindergarten!
- January 8th: Tours will be held during Prospective Parent Night from 5:00- 6:30 p.m.
- January 14th: AVID T-shirts- To support AVID in the classroom, we invite students to wear their AVID t-shirts and uniform bottoms to school on the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month.January 14th: School Accountability Committee @ 3:45 p.m.--Library
- AVID T-shirt days: January 14, January 29, February 14, February 25, March 11, March 25, April 8, April 22, and May 13.January 17th: Executive Board Special Session @ 6:00 p.m.--HS Commons
- January 21st: NO SCHOOL--Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 23rd: AVID Parent Showcase from 7:45 to 9:45 a.m.--Registration Required
- January 24th: Executive Board Work/Regular Session @ 5:30/7:00 p.m.--HS Commons
- January 25th: Coffee with Leadership @ 8:15 a.m.--MS/HS Media Center
- January 25th: 3rd--5th Grade Honor Roll Assembly @ 8:30 a.m.--Gymnasium
- January 28th: Class Group Picture Day--Formal Dress Required
- Every Friday: Cookies are sold at lunch for $0.50. Students may also choose to donate $1 to wear jeans (free jean days are on the last Friday of every month, and the last Thursday of the month for the T/TH class).
Important Information and Volunteering
-Students who are eating a school breakfast will be allowed into the cafeteria at 7:30 a.m. We have a large number of students who are arriving at school between 7:30 - 7:45 a.m. who are not eating breakfast. They are just hanging out in the cafeteria. Our drop-off time for students who are not eating breakfast is 7:45 a.m. There is no supervision in the front of the building or in the backyard until 7:45 a.m. Please make other arrangements in the morning for your child if they are not eating breakfast.
-The Math Department is pleased to invite you to participate in its 2nd year of their WCA Math student-tutor program. Parents may sign their students up in grades K-8 to be tutored by a High School student. Sessions are one day a week from 3:30 - 4:30 at the MS/HS Academic Advancement Center and students will be matched with a tutor according to timing preferences selected at registration. There is a two-week time frame for students to be matched with a tutor; you will be contacted within that time frame. Cost for this weekly tutor session is $10/session to be paid directly to the tutor. Please click on the following link if you would like to learn more about the tutoring program at WCA.
-The tutoring program is also in need of volunteer help from 3:30 - 4:30. They would like to have a parent present in the tutor room. Please click on the following link, if you would like to volunteer and help with the tutoring program.
-Our Cultural Literacy teacher, Mrs. Pierce, is looking for parent helpers to assist students with checking out books in the library. Please email her or me if you would like to volunteer on the days our class has this special (refer to the specials schedule for specific days). Volunteers will report directly to the library and receive one hour of volunteer credit. Thank you!
-Our other specialist need volunteers in their classrooms too. Please contact the specials teachers directly to learn more about their specific needs and how you can make a positive impact for our students.
-We are looking for a classroom representative for our Wednesday/Friday class to act as the yearbook photographer for each K-5th grade classroom. The volunteer would be our primary contact to gather approximately ten photos for the year to include in the classroom collage photo pages in the yearbook. We ask that this individual be present at various events throughout the year to gather photos that represent students in the working in the class. You would be responsible for sharing theses photos with our yearbook editor, Meagan Gerrard. Parents are able to log any time they spend at school events taking photos towards their volunteer hours. Please email me if you are interested in this great volunteer opportunity.
Classroom Volunteer Opportunities:
- Every $10.00 you spend, counts towards one hour of volunteer credit! Be sure to log any donations you make for snacks, supplies, materials, etc.
- We please need small items/prizes for our treasure box.
-Each year, WCA families are required to volunteer 35 hours for our school. There are many ways to participate! Please visit our volunteer section on our website to learn more!
- Please remember to log your hours as you volunteer. This information is used for grant applications. This helps our school in so many ways! Log your hours on our Volunteer Tracker to make sure your service hours are counted. If you haven't had the opportunity to open your account, we are inviting you to establish or update your volunteer account online.
- Parent volunteers are critical in supporting our children. We truly appreciate everything you do! Please stop at one of our offices or email Jamie Zink with questions.
-Please check our website often for updated volunteer opportunities, or email me with your available times. Thank you in advance for all of your help! We value the time and commitment you put into making WCA great!
The following are some great educational websites I recommend trying with your student. Each family will need to create their own username and password for the websites.
- Monday schedule:
- M/W/F class will start school at 8:00 on Mondays (tardy bell at 8:10).
- On Mondays ONLY, the M/W/F students will be dismissed in front of the school on Academy Court at 11:20.
- M/T/TH class will start school at 12:00 (tardy bell at 12:10) on Mondays. On Mondays ONLY, students will line up in front of the school on Academy Court. They will line up against the building by the bike racks on the west side. Miss Gina and I will pick them up at 12:00 and walk them to their classroom.
- M/T/TH class will be dismissed starting at 3:15 at their normal designated pick-up locations. Please refer to Mrs. Seilbach's email in regards to new staggered pick-up times.
- The first bell rings at 8:00. Students will play at recess from 7:45-8:00; at 8:00, they will line up next to the back door of our classroom.
- Dismissal starts at 3:15 at their normal designated pick-up locations. Please refer to Mrs. Seilbach's email in regards to new staggered pick-up times based on last names.
Below are some helpful links you will use throughout the school year.
-Log Volunteer Hours Here! or email Jamie Zink at Jamie.Zink@windsorcharteracademy.org to create an account.
-I strongly encourage all families to get a library card, and make reading a fun part of your bedtime routine each night. Here is the link to the Clearview Library District www.clearviewlibrary.org.
-Infinite Campus link https://campus.weldre4.k12.co.us/campus/portal/windsor.jsp to view grades.
Please click on the folders below for important class information, forms and newsletters.
Contact Information: email@example.com