Hello, I am looking forward to this new year and getting to know all of you and your students better. Please look here for all 5th grade news and updates. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
College and AVID T-shirt Days :
*January College T-shirt Day - No T-shirt Day in January
*January AVID T-shirt Day - Monday, January 14 and 28
January 22 - District Attorney Presentation:
On January 22nd, 2019 representatives from the Weld County District Attorney’s Office will be speaking to 5th grade students about a new law regarding juvenile sexting. This new law took effect on January 1st, 2018 and gives the criminal justice system options to use in the event of juvenile sexting behavior. The presentation will be catered to 5th grade students, however the subject matter itself is mature. Representatives from the District Attorney's office will discuss with students why they should not send photos showing "where a swimsuit would cover" as well as discussing general cyber safety rules that are compatible with what students are learning in their classrooms.
We invite parents and guardians to join us for the 5th grade presentation. If you are planning to attend please RSVP online by January 21st by visiting the link below:
If you would like to opt your student out of attending this presentation a paper opt-out form will be coming home soon in Friday folders. Please complete this form and return it to the front office no later than January 21st.
Student’s appearance has an impact on his/her attitude, behavior and learning. Our board has adopted a dress code policy that promotes personal respect for appearance and professionalism. Our staff will be enforcing the guidelines outlined in the dress code. Students will receive a written warning for being out of dress code for the first time. If a second violation is made, the student will be sent to the health office to call home and will need to change clothes. Please review the dress code policy: Dress Code Policy JICA
The following dress code violations are the most common:
- Color of Clothes:
- Shirts- solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, burgundy, light blue, and grey. Heathered shirts do not meet dress code standards.
- Sweatshirts - solid navy, white, grey, and green.
- Bottoms - solid navy or khaki.
- Leggings and Jeggings - solid navy, green, grey or white, and worn underneath a dress code skirt, dress or tunic.
- Jumpers, Skirts, Skorts and Dresses - solid navy, khaki, green, or WCA plaid (navy blue and gold).
- Hair must be of natural color.
- Color of accessories should be solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, light blue, grey, or WCA plaid (navy blue and gold)
- No mohawks or fauxhawks
- January 15 AVID Information Night @ 5pm in the HS Commons
- January 21st: NO SCHOOL--Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 22nd: 5th Grade Cyber Safety Presentation by D.A. Office @ 2:20 p.m.--Gymnasium
- January 23rd: AVID Parent Showcase from 7:45 to 9:45 a.m.--Registration Required
- January 25: Middle School Registration forms due.
- January 25: AVID Elective Applications due.
- January 25th: 3rd--5th Grade Honor Roll Assembly @ 8:30 a.m.--Gymnasium
- January 28th: Class Group Picture Day--Formal Dress Required
- February 8: Science Fair @ 8:30-11:30--Formal Dress Required
Spelling City: https://www.spellingcity.com/
The Math Facts: https://themathfacts.com/
Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/math
Renaissance Place (AR): https://hosted8.renlearn.com/112350
Renaissance Home Connect (AR): https://hosted8.renlearn.com/1123500/HomeConnect/
WCA Math Tutor Link: Click here for the link