Please make sure you are receiving my Monday emails every week! That is where I post all of our weekly updates. Read below about our Halloween celebration. We also have our Roman Day celebration coming up on November 16th! Please be looking for the Monday email with the details!
Halloween: Parents may come to school dressed in their Halloween costume. Costumes should be free of weapons of any kind and excessive face paint (no blood/gore). Students may not wear a mask to school, but may wear their mask during the parade. The parade starts at 1:30. Please be sure to arrive at least 20 minutes early for check-in. If you have a Fast Pass you will be able to check in at the east door. All other visitors must check-in at the main office. All visitors must have a photo ID and a current background check. Parents will be able to watch the parade from the following locations: gym, northeast grassy area and back yard.
AVID Planners: Students have an AVID focus each week. We are working hard on getting our AVID Planner signed each night and placing check marks (or highlighting) next to the homework that we complete.
Author Visit in December:
What is The Shelly’s Adventure’s Experience?
The Shelly’s Adventures Experience is an event where Shelly’s Adventures sends one of
their authors to your child’s school. During the author visit, your child will receive the
following if she returns the form with $8.00:
● A 30 to 45 minute presentation by an award-winning author
● 1 Softcover picture book or chapter book of your choice, which will be
autographed and personalized by the author
● 1 Free glow in the dark wristband if you select a chapter book
● A picture with the author if they’d like
***He or she will also learn a minimum of 15 signs in American Sign Language. ****
Student’s appearance has an impact on his/her attitude, behavior and learning. Our board has adopted a dress code policy that promotes personal respect for appearance and professionalism. Our staff will be enforcing the guidelines outlined in the dress code. Students will receive a written warning for being out of dress code for the first time. If a second violation is made, the student will be sent to the health office to call home and will need to change clothes. Please review the dress code policy: Dress Code Policy JICA
The following dress code violations are the most common:
- Color of Clothes:
- Shirts- solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, burgundy, light blue, and grey. Heathered shirts do not meet dress code standards.
- Sweatshirts - solid navy, white, grey, and green.
- Bottoms - solid navy or khaki.
- Leggings and Jeggings - solid navy, green, grey or white, and worn underneath a dress code skirt, dress or tunic.
- Jumpers, Skirts, Skorts and Dresses - solid navy, khaki, green, or WCA plaid (navy blue and gold).
- Hair must be of natural color.
- Color of accessories should be solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, light blue, grey, or WCA plaid (navy blue and gold)
- No mohawks or fauxhawks
- October 26th: Deadline for Original Works Orders
- October 26th: Coffee with Leadership @ 8:15 a.m.—MS/HS Media Center
- October 27th: Trunk or Treat from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.—MS/HS Parking Lot
- October 30th: Candy Donation Free Dress Day
- October 30th: 3rd-5th Grade Honor Roll Assembly @ 8:30 a.m.--Gymnasium
- October 30th: PTC Sweets With Santa Planning @ 6:00 p.m.--Library
- October 31st: Halloween Parade @ 1:30 p.m.
- October 31st: Halloween Party 2:00pm-3:00pm
- November 16th: Roman Day Celebration