I can't believe we are already in our 2nd quarter of the year! So many exciting events and celebrations to come!
A note from Mrs.Ellis: "Hello WCA 3rd grade parents,
The specials department would like to invite you to our December 6th performance. All 3-5th grade student's artwork will be displayed around the school. All 3rd grade students will perform a basketball show after the 4th and 5th grade music performance is finished. Please have your student wear athletic clothing with tennis shoes. After the 4th graders perform all 3rd graders will leave their family and meet the teachers in the music room. We look forward to entertaining you on the night of December 6th."
Sweets for Santa News:
- SWEETS WITH SANTA: Please join us- Friday, December 7th from 5:30-8:00 p.m.on a journey to the North Pole! The Windsor Charter Academy elementary school will be transformed for one night only into a magical, Polar Express themed family event. Only open to WCA students and their families, this event is free of charge. FREE DRESS DAY!
Bring a treat to share by Friday, December 7th to earn a free dress day. Any student who brings a dozen (or more) cookies, cupcakes, or other treats to the front office between 12/3-12/7 will earn a free dress day on Thursday, December 13th.
PAJAMA DAY! Pajama day for all students on Friday, December 7th! We are inviting our students to dress in pajamas in preparation for our Sweets with Santa night with the Polar Express theme. VOLUNTEER! Please help the PTC make this event possible by volunteering. Visit the following link to find ways you can help: http://bit.ly/sweetswithsanta
SCHOLASTIC BOGO BOOK FAIR Don't forget, the Scholastic Book Fair will be held on:
Thursday, December 6th ● 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Friday, December 7th ● 3:00-8:00 p.m.
This is a great opportunity to support your school and purchase gifts for the holidays!
AVID Planners: Students have an AVID focus each week. We are working hard on getting our AVID Planner signed each night and placing check marks (or highlighting) next to the homework that we complete.
Author Visit in December:
What is The Shelly’s Adventure’s Experience?
The Shelly’s Adventures Experience is an event where Shelly’s Adventures sends one of
their authors to your child’s school. During the author visit, your child will receive the
following if she returns the form with $8.00:
● A 30 to 45 minute presentation by an award-winning author
● 1 Softcover picture book or chapter book of your choice, which will be
autographed and personalized by the author
● 1 Free glow in the dark wristband if you select a chapter book
● A picture with the author if they’d like
***He or she will also learn a minimum of 15 signs in American Sign Language. ****
Student’s appearance has an impact on his/her attitude, behavior and learning. Our board has adopted a dress code policy that promotes personal respect for appearance and professionalism. Our staff will be enforcing the guidelines outlined in the dress code. Students will receive a written warning for being out of dress code for the first time. If a second violation is made, the student will be sent to the health office to call home and will need to change clothes. Please review the dress code policy: Dress Code Policy JICA
The following dress code violations are the most common:
- Color of Clothes:
- Shirts- solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, burgundy, light blue, and grey. Heathered shirts do not meet dress code standards.
- Sweatshirts - solid navy, white, grey, and green.
- Bottoms - solid navy or khaki.
- Leggings and Jeggings - solid navy, green, grey or white, and worn underneath a dress code skirt, dress or tunic.
- Jumpers, Skirts, Skorts and Dresses - solid navy, khaki, green, or WCA plaid (navy blue and gold).
- Hair must be of natural color.
- Color of accessories should be solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, light blue, grey, or WCA plaid (navy blue and gold)
- No mohawks or fauxhawks
- October 26th: Deadline for Original Works Orders
- October 26th: Coffee with Leadership @ 8:15 a.m.—MS/HS Media Center
- October 27th: Trunk or Treat from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.—MS/HS Parking Lot
- October 30th: Candy Donation Free Dress Day
- October 30th: 3rd-5th Grade Honor Roll Assembly @ 8:30 a.m.--Gymnasium
- October 30th: PTC Sweets With Santa Planning @ 6:00 p.m.--Library
- October 31st: Halloween Parade @ 1:30 p.m.
- October 31st: Halloween Party 2:00pm-3:00pm
- November 16th: Roman Day Celebration
Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/