Hello Everyone and Welcome!
I am so happy to have your third graders in my classroom! Here are some important things to keep in mind as we start our year. I wanted to let your know a little bit about myself.
Parent Information Night (August 13):
Student’s appearance has an impact on his/her attitude, behavior and learning. Our board has adopted a dress code policy that promotes personal respect for appearance and professionalism. Our staff will be enforcing the guidelines outlined in the dress code. Students will receive a written warning for being out of dress code for the first time. If a second violation is made, the student will be sent to the health office to call home and will need to change clothes. Please review the dress code policy: Dress Code Policy JICA
- Color of Clothes:
- Shirts- solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, light blue, grey, and heathered colors are okay.
- Sweatshirts - solid navy, white, grey, and green.
- Bottoms - solid navy, khaki, black, and grey.
- Leggings and Jeggings - solid navy, green, grey, white, or black and worn underneath a dress code skirt, dress or tunic.
- Jumpers, Skirts, Skorts and Dresses - solid navy, light blue, green, white, grey or WCA plaid (navy blue and gold).
- Hair must be of natural color.
- Color of accessories should be solid navy blue, green, light yellow, white, light blue, grey, or WCA plaid (navy blue and gold)
- No mohawks or fauxhawks
**WCA spirit-ware can be worn any day of the week.
**Write your student's names on coats, gloves, etc. Lost and found items are donated every two weeks.
- August 13th: Back to School Open House 5:00—6:30 p.m.
- August 14th: First Day of School for Grades 1-5
- August 22nd: Executive Board Meeting—5:30 p.m. Work Session / 7:00 p.m. Regular Session
- August 23rd: Coffee w/ Leadership @ MS Commons—8:15-9:15 a.m.
- August 23rd: Ice Cream Social for New Families—3:15-4:15 p.m.
- August 26th: Picture Day—Formal Uniform Required
- August 27th: Children's Choir Practice—7:30-8:00 a.m.
- August 27th: 1st-5th Grade Parent Information Night—5:30-6:45 p.m.
- August 29th: Children's Choir Practice—7:30-8:00 a.m.