Summer went by so fast and yet, I’m super excited to get this year going! We are going to have a great year building a strong classroom community while expanding our knowledge in language arts, math, and history and science. We are moving from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.”
A few things:
Once a month, I will update this website to provide insight into what we are doing in class. As parent, I know that when I ask, “What did you do today?” I often hear in reply, “I don’t know,” or, “Stuff.” As a result, I’ll list the topics we are covering and provide conversation prompts in my weekly emails. Finally, I’ll provide a Bedtime Math problem. These are optional. I use these with my own children to simply to encourage them to think about math in a fun, light-hearted way.
Each Monday, I’ll send an email to you with reminders, upcoming events, and conversation prompts.
Curriculum this month:
· Classic Tales
· Informational Writing
· Multiplication and division properties
Bedtime Math question:
Question: “What do you call the 5-sided black shapes on the soccer ball?”Answer: Pentagon
- Please remember to sign the technology agreement so your child can participate in classroom technology.
- Please remember to bring your school supplies on Back-to-School night – Tuesday, August 14.
- Please remember to pay for your child’s AVID supplies. You will have the option of paying at Back-to-School night in the library or cafeteria.
(Please make sure to check the newsletter as this may not be a complete list)
· August 14 – 5:00 – 6:45 p.m. – Back-to-School Night
· August 15 – First Day of School
· August 27 – Picture Day
· August 28 – 5:00 p.m. – Parent Curriculum Night