The mission of the WJHS LMC is to provide access to information in all formats to meet the needs of all of our students and staff, and to ensure they are effective users of information and ideas.
In order to accomplish this mission, the WJHS LMC provides:
- Physical and intellectual access to appropriate materials
- Instruction in information literacy and in the importance of using resources in an ethical way
- Support for staff to integrate information literacy skills into the curriculum
- Assistance to students in defining their research goals and personal interests
- Literacy programs to promote the enjoyment of reading, viewing, and listening
D39 Technology Media Vision
District 39 embraces innovative technologies that promote learning through collaboration, creativity, communication, and critical thinking. Our educational community--students, parents, and teachers--will become critical consumers and creative producers of information in our global society.