This page is devoted to supporting our students' first and most important teachers, YOU!
At the top of the page, to the right, are some valuable links for those individuals who are looking for assistance from community agencies and providers for meeting some basic needs such as food, heat, and shelter. The Public Assistance HOTLINE is great for those who aren't sure where to start! LINKS features some additional web resources, such as HealthyNY for health insurance assistance programs and SafeNY, for teen driving resources. Also above: did you know that we have three FOOD PANTRIES in Waterford?
Almost everyone knows someone who has been touched by alcoholism, domestic violence, or mental illness. Want to talk to someone who specializes in care and treatment for these issues? A phone call to the appropriate county support AGENCY will open doors to an established network of supports.
And...for those of us who are still wondering why we get a manual for our toasters, but not our children...and are feeling as if our parenting could use some tweaking, choose the appropriate TIPS FOR PARENTS link on the right. There are parenting videos, parent guides, an Ask the Experts column, a Tip of the Day, and a Search feature. These "manuals" coordinate well with the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports that we are striving to provide for our students in school every day.
Our staff of Student Services Providers are always here to help. Dial 237-0800,
· Elementary School Nurse: Brandy Gagliardi, ext. 3520
· Elementary School Social Worker: Karen Budrakey, ext. 3335
· Jr./Sr. High School Nurse, Barbara Delaney, ext. 3720
· Guidance Counselor, Gr. 7-9: Virginia Austin, ext. 3313
· High School Social Worker, Barbara Smith, ext. 1304
· Guidance Counselor, Gr. 10-12: Jessica DiFabio, ext. 3322
· School Psychologist, Kelly Denvir, ext. 3326
· School Psychologist, Karen Grimes, ext. 3340