Advanced Functions & Modeling
Advanced Functions and Modeling provides students an in-depth study of modeling and applying functions. Home, work, recreation, consumer issues, public policy, and scientific investigations are just a few of the areas from which applications should originate. Appropriate technology, from manipulatives to calculators and application software, should be used regularly for instruction and assessment.
· Describe phenomena as functions graphically, algebraically and verbally; identify independent and dependent quantities, domain, and range, and input/output.
· Translate among graphic, algebraic, numeric, tabular, and verbal representations of relations.
· Define and use linear, quadratic, cubic, and exponential functions to model and solve problems.
· Use systems of two or more equations or inequalities to solve problems.
· Use the trigonometric ratios to model and solve problems.
· Use logic and deductive reasoning to draw conclusions and solve problems.
Strands: Data Analysis & Probability, Algebra