Jack P. Nix Elementary
Mrs: Katie DeFoor
- Instructor of: 4th Grade (Science, Social Studies, and Writing)
- Phone: (706) 865-6935
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remind Text or Email Service:
- Smartphone - Type the following code into your web browser: rmd.at/ktd4 Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.
- Non Smartphone - Text the message @ktd4 to the number 81010.
- Don’t have a mobile phone? - Go to rmd.at/ktd4 on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.
Hello! Though I did not grow up here, my earliest memories of Cleveland, GA go back to when I was about six years old. My mother would bring me to visit Babyland General, we would go to a local antique shop, and then get an ice cream. I have always loved this little town! I met my husband, Jeff, while in classes at North Georgia College. After we got married, we settled in Dahlonega and now live north of town near Turner's Corner. I have always loved working with and being around children. I have four of my own! Griffin and Jay are students at WCMS. Anna Kate and Ben are here at JPN! In my time apart from teaching, I enjoy painting, reading, playing outside, and hunting for antiques. As a family, we enjoy scouting, geocaching, camping, and traveling.
I am a 2001 graduate of North Georgia College and State University. My degree and certifications include Art Education, Special Education, Middle Grades Education (Science and Social Studies), and Early Childhood Education.
In have experience teaching Kindergarteners through 9th graders in the subject areas of Social Studies, Science, Math, ELA, and Art.
Outside of my regular classroom experiences, I have also worked with kids at a youth shelter for boys, worked as a life guard and swimming instructor, and still serve as a Sunday School Teacher.