White County Middle School
- Instructor of: Physical Education
- Phone: (706) 865-4060
- Extension: 6209
- Email: email@example.com
I am from Hickory,NC. Attended college at Appalachian State University, where I met my husband Chris Dotson. We have two children Tyler and Jessie.
I am currently coaching middle school cross country and 7th grade girls basketball.
Bachelor of Science in Health/Physical Education from Appalachian State University in Boone, NC
Masters of Educational Technology from Troy University in Alabama
ESOL endorsement from Valdosta State University in Valdosta, GA
Started teaching physical education in 1998 at G.O. Bailey Primary school in Tifton, GA. In 2002, I taught ESOL for Henry County School system for 4 years. In 2006, I taught health at Luella Middle School in McDonough,GA. In 2007, I began working at the Ninth Grade Academy. This year is my fourth year at the middle school.
Every year your child participates in fitness testing. At the end of the nine weeks a report will be sent home. The link above gives you information about the report and how to read it.
Please encourage your child to get up and move! The benefits are worth it.
Physical Activity and the Health of Young People
Benefits of Regular Physical Activity
Regular physical activity—
- Helps build and maintain healthy bones and muscles.1
- Helps reduce the risk of developing obesity and chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and colon cancer.1
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety and promotes psychological well-being.1
- May help improve students’ academic performance, including
- Academic achievement and grades
- Academic behavior, such as time on task
- Factors that influence academic achievement, such as concentration and attentiveness in the classroom.