Jack P. Nix Elementary
Hi, I am "Mrs. Ann". My husband, Freddie, and I have lived in White County for nearly 20 years. We moved here from Alabama so we could live in the mountains. We have two teenage girls, Emily, age 19 and Bridgett, age 17 who attend White County Schools. I love teaching at Jack P. Nix. It is a great community of learners. I teach K-3 special education. Mrs. Pam Jones is the paraprofessional that works in our classroom. She has many years of experience at Jack P. Nix. She has a deep understanding of the individual needs of each student and adds a calm and caring element to our class.
- Auburn University, B.S. Early Childhood Education for the Handicapped
- Auburn University, M.Ed. Learning Disabilities
- North Georgia College and State University: Additional Coursework in the study of Behavior Disorders.
- Brenau University: Additional Coursework in the study of Intellectual Disabilities
- Pioneer RESA: Reading Endorsement coursework
1991-1995: Teacher of students with learning disabilities at Wetumpka Intermediate School, Elmore County, AL. Grades taught: 4-6.
1995-1997: Teacher of students with inter-related disabilities at Buford Middle School, Buford, GA. Grades taught: 5-8.
1998-1999: Teacher of students with inter-related disabilities at Buford Middle School and Buford Elementary School, Buford, GA. Grades taught 1-8.
2004-present: Teacher of students with inter-related disabilities at Jack P. Nix Primary School, Cleveland, GA. Grades K-2. Lead special education teacher at Jack P. Nix Primary School.