- October 6, 2017 - First Quarter Progress Report Period Ends
- October 12, 2017- WFHS Parent-Teacher Conferences 5 pm
- October 13 & 16, 2017 - Chapter 1 Test
- November 3, 2017 - Quiz Chapter 2
- November 9, 2017 - First Quarter Ends
- November 20th & 21st - Chapter 2 Test
- Break - November 22-26th Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- December Break
- January 16-18 - Midterms
- January 26 - End of 2nd Qtr
- February Break: Feb. 19-23rd
- NOCTI EXAM : May 11/18
Mick Jagger may be known for his musical achievements and stage acrobatics, but did you know he could also rock a spreadsheet? Kenny G and Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin worked in accounting, too, before they launched their music careers. How's that for some surprising facts about accounting and the professionals who pursue it?
5 Surprising Facts About Accounting as a Profession
- The FBI employs more than 2,000 accounting special agents who use their mad math skills to solve crimes.
- Aside from the musicians, actor Bob Newhart, comedian Eddie Izzard, author John Grisham and boxing champion Chuck Liddell also rocked the numbers.
- The 1928 bubble gum inventor was an accountant named Walter Diemer.
- The first CPA exam was issued in New York way back in 1896.
- CPAs spend an average of 1,700 hours hand-counting the Academy Award ballots. (Oops! After the 2017 Best Picture mistake, new protocols have been established.)
-Robert Half July 26, 2017