Opportunities for Students
2016-17 School Year
Midwest Talent Search - Information for Parents/Students
The Prudential Spirit of the Community Awards Program
- A recognition program for middle level and high school students who have made meaningful contributions to their communities through volunteer service.
- Local Honorees receive a Certificate of Achievement from their schools or organization. Those Local Honorees who qualify (26 hours of service for ages 10 and younger, 50 hours for ages 11-15, and 100 hours for older students) also receive the President's Volunteer Service Award.
- Distinguished Finalists receive an engraved bronze medallion, and other state-level runners-up receive Certificates of Excellence.
- State Honorees receive an award of $1,000, an engraved silver medallion, and an all-expense-paid trip with a parent or guardian to Washington, D.C., for national recognition events.
- National Honorees receive an additional award of $5,000, an engraved gold medallion, a crystal trophy for their schools or nominating organizations, and a $5,000 grant from The Prudential Foundation for a nonprofit charitable organization of their choice.
Interested students need to submit their applications to Mr. O'Connor by November 8, 2016. Applications can be completed online by clicking on this link. Additional information about the program can be found by clicking this link.