Mrs. Block's Kindergarten
I hope everyone had a restful Fall Break, I am looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow to continue the learning we started. A few reminders:
- Library Books: Please return your library books tomorrow and we will get back on our check-out Monday return Friday schedule.
- Classroom Volunteers: Please click the link below to sign-up to help in class. If you don't find a time that works for you please reach out and we can arrange a time.
- Walktober/National Walk to School: International Walk to School Day: Be part of the Walktober challenge to see how far students can “Walk Across America” by walking to school, all month long. Kick off Walktober by celebrating Walk to School Day, Wednesday, October 10th! All students and families that participate get to enjoy free breakfast, a live DJ and dance party! Walk from home, park your car and walk from at least 3 blocks away, or better yet, join the Walking School Bus group, starting from Burberry Park. To have more time for breakfast and dance party, the group meets at 7:30 and leaves at 7:45. If your student doesn’t have a Trip Scanner card, sign up for one in the office.
- Field Trip: if you have not yet returned the permission slip for our field trip to Fog Willow Farm on Tuesday October 30th, please do so ASAP. All fingerprinted approved chaperones will be welcome on the trip. All chaperones will also have to pay $6.00. Westlake Charter kindergarteners have already been paid for. I am so excited for our first field trip of the year!
- Pumpkin Projects: I also sent home our first take home project of the year in your child's blue folder. For this project, you and your child will choose and read a book. Then your child will design a pumpkin, preferably a plastic or styrofoam pumpkin (found a Walmart, Target or Michaels), to make into a character from the book. You can get creative and use paint, clue, yarn, markers, etc.. You child will complete the attached book report page and then they will bring in their pumpkins to present to the class on Monday October 29th. Please read through the information provided and reach out if you have any questions about the project.
Additional AS LIVE Enrichment: Our community knows how amazing our Explorers are, and more vendors want to teach after-school enrichment classes! Click HERE for new classes that are being offered starting after October break.
New Volunteer Website: Click HERE to see our new volunteer website. It’s a one-stop shop for all of your volunteer needs. You can log your volunteer hours, see upcoming volunteer opportunities, and sign up to volunteer for upcoming WAVE events.
K-5 NED Show Assembly: We are excited to welcome a motivating assembly called The NED Show to our school on Friday, October 12 at 2:30pm. The performance will take students on a journey filled with humor, yo-yo and magic tricks, puppetry and storytelling inspiring them to: Never give up (the Power of Yet), Encourage others (spark courage in other people), Do their best (always be learning and growing). Please watch the video below to learn about NED’s Mindset Mission, and consider a few ways that your students could benefit from NED's positive messages. Yo-yos will be for sale (cash only) during dismissal October 12-18th.
Follow our class on Twitter @mrsblockskinder